Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

Nice!! took me a bit to find it, but it is right there as a option(Green Button) in the timers list.

also noticed that the PTAT folders tell you that "There are X unwatched recordings." now too.

Yep all the recording folders do now (except external or folders from other Hoppers.)

EDIT: Another thing I noticed: When you highlight an event on the guide, if the title doesn't fit within the time block, it will now scroll so that you can read the entire title.

Last edited:
S234: It appears that PTAT is always on, but only recording during primetime? Red button shows all big four networks are all active.

Oh, and I think I figured out what causes the bug that stops you from deleting a recording you just finished watching. Every time it happens to me, the little preview window in the upper left corner (channel I'd be watching live) is on a channel being recorded. So it's like it wont let you delete a dvr'd recording if the tuner your are watching is being recorded.

S234: It appears that PTAT is always on, but only recording during primetime? Red button shows all big four networks are all active.

Whenever you turn to a big 4 network it pulls in all 4 on one tuner, it isn't recording. The big benefit is that if someone at the Hopper wants to watch ABC and someone at the Joey wants to watch NBC, it only takes up one tuner. Once you change channels to a non big 4 network, that tuner will go back to normal on the TV Viewing Status screen. It's pretty neat and a good way to save tuners when viewing a big 4.

Last edited:
New CC options screw up my macros! :(

I realize this is a first world problem, but in the prior firmware, the remote keystrokes to turn CC on and off were the same, so I recorded one macro set for my Harmony remote, labeled it "CC Toggle", and was good to go. Now there are more CC options in the interface, which is good, but the buttons are positioned in such a way that you need a unique series of key presses to turn it on and off. I don't expect the engieers to rush to fix this problem, but the next time you guys are mucking around the interface anyway, could you please fix this? Pretty please?

Favorite channels are disappearing again, or maybe they never stopped disappearing. And I still can't see the cursor when trying to save changes to the favorites list. I'm so sick of all these issues with such basic functionality.

Unacceptable.

Favorite channels are disappearing again, or maybe they never stopped disappearing. And I still can't see the cursor when trying to save changes to the favorites list. I'm so sick of all these issues with such basic functionality.

Unacceptable.

The fav list button issue should have been fixed and it is on mine. Even if the buttons are not outlined, they still function. If you have your cursor set to invisible, then it may be difficult to see where you are on screen. You can change your cursor to anything but invisible and then you will have visual indication that the buttons are selectable.

The fav list button issue should have been fixed and it is on mine. Even if the buttons are not outlined, they still function. If you have your cursor set to invisible, then it may be difficult to see where you are on screen. You can change your cursor to anything but invisible and then you will have visual indication that the buttons are selectable.

Yeah, I can work around that, but the bigger issue is that my local channels disappear out of my favorites list and sometimes can't be added back in. I currently can't get ABC to stick in my favorites list.

Yeah, I can work around that, but the bigger issue is that my local channels disappear out of my favorites list and sometimes can't be added back in. I currently can't get ABC to stick in my favorites list.

I heard that the locals dropping issue is being investigated but for the time being I would try adding two channels to the list and see if that gets it to add. I believe that's the work around other members have been posting. I really don't use fav lists much but supposedly adding two channels will get them to save.

I heard that the locals dropping issue is being investigated but for the time being I would try adding two channels to the list and see if that gets it to add. I believe that's the work around other members have been posting. I really don't use fav lists much but supposedly adding two channels will get them to save.

That's the way I've fixed the issue on both the Hopper and 722....

This has been happening to me since I upgraded to a Hopper. When I'm watching a recorded show, about 2 minutes before it ends, the show blips or hiccups for a half second, but keeps playing normal right after. It does this for all timer playbacks. Anyone else experience this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)