Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

Same.... its a week later and still no update. I am looking forward to some of the new features but also want to see if some of my little nags are resolved.

Has anyone received the update in the last few days? I am still waiting. I fall asleep to the bedroom TV with one of the Joeys. Everynight at 1am the signal shuts off. I turn back on the signal when I wake up in the middle of the night and it is too quiet. I have the hopper in standby mod at night. Could I possibly be doing something to not receive it. I am new to Dish. My prior Sat Dish was a BUD. When I missed the updates, I just got a rehit from my computer. I went for a couple of years with only OTA so am missing my other 2 PBS feeds. I am trying to be patient but just wasn't sure if I am doing something that would delay the update.
Donna in KC

skyviewmark said:
Something must have gone really bad with this software.. Seems like no one has gotten it in a while.

Strange because I have had S229/S230/S278 for nearly 2 weeks and the only issue I saw was a black screen on OTA until a reboot. It only happened once too. That's the only issue I see others around here mentioning too. Though one Hopper was responding slowly one night but it was better after the nightly reboot and no problems since.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Has anyone received the update in the last few days? I am still waiting. I fall asleep to the bedroom TV with one of the Joeys. Everynight at 1am the signal shuts off. I turn back on the signal when I wake up in the middle of the night and it is too quiet. I have the hopper in standby mod at night. Could I possibly be doing something to not receive it. I am new to Dish. My prior Sat Dish was a BUD. When I missed the updates, I just got a rehit from my computer. I went for a couple of years with only OTA so am missing my other 2 PBS feeds. I am trying to be patient but just wasn't sure if I am doing something that would delay the update.
Donna in KC

we need to wait a little more, two of my hoppers still at S222, the only one at S230 is a new install.

I got the update either Thanksgiving or Friday morning, several days later than many of the folks here. You'll know when you get it because there will be a big new screen the first time you turn on the satellite box after the upgrade; the screen gives the highlights of the new features.

I don't think there's anything you might be reasonably doing to delay the update; it happens on the schedule Dish sets, based on your box number. To delay things, you would have to be doing something very unusual, like unplugging every wire on the back of the box every night. And nobody does that. I hope.

Bobby said:
Look for a download tonight, a little birdy told me.....

Hmmm, is there really something to this? I have been birdwatching and have turned up nothing lol

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

tomcrown1 said:
What kind of download? the update to the programming guide?

firmware update?

Or bird poop? That the little birdie is warning us about.

This is Dish we're talking about so my money is on bird poop.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Bobby said:
Look for S230 downloading tonight to selected receivers.... ;)

yay, still nothing. Maybe santa will bring it for christmas. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Had S230 when I got home around 2:00am. Joeys were updated as well. Bluetooth works perfectly with my KINIVO headset and I am getting all 10 of my locals with 70+ signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)