Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

Interesting, turns out my hopper did get it, but was not done till 3:30 am. :) yay

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

:D OTA up and working great. Signal appears to be stronger than the tuner on our Vizio. Also looks like timers are back on Dish RA. S230 looking good. :D

Got s230 last night, timers are back on DOL, now time will tell if the PTAT delete after 8 days is truly fixed... Deleted a show that was saved from PTAT and it did NOT show up in deleted items, assuming this is because it is still available in the PTAT folder?

Looks like S230 fixed the issue of missing timers online. DRA now shows all timers. Very nice... now to get off work and install the OTA dongle.

Im out of town, and just tried Dish Online. This is what it says for my Hopper on recordings and timers:

Your DVR content is still loading, try again in a bit.

I too received S230 last night and now have my OTA tuner working. I picked up 28 locals. The guide has started populating the details.

Got S230 last night and it fixed the issue I had with my EHD. I can now watch all of the shows I recorded from my VIP922.

I received S230 last night and it DID'NT fix my problems of missing channels in Hawaii.

Looks like more calls and wasted time talking to tech support

patrickstuart said:
Got s230 last night, timers are back on DOL, now time will tell if the PTAT delete after 8 days is truly fixed... Deleted a show that was saved from PTAT and it did NOT show up in deleted items, assuming this is because it is still available in the PTAT folder?

It was reported that the delete bin only worked for non-PTAT shows. I haven't messed around with it, but based on that statement, I'm not sure PTAT shows that are outside the eight day window would be saved.

Got the new software last night. Now, when changing channels the new channel header comes up immediately, but there is a 3 second delay in audio/video coming up on the tv.

Got S230 also. Glad to have it. I like the vivid colors matching the buttons on the remote. Oh, and the added features are welcomed too!:D
Ghpr13:)

My Hopper upgraded to S230 and my Joey's to S278 last night and, while the new features are great (especially the colored option buttons in the DVR menu), many of us would be thrilled if two very basic options were added as well. I would like to have the option to sort my main DVR menu in a list view. I'm not asking to take away the current grid format, just give us the option to change that view to a list. Honestly, the grid format looks great on my 40" LCD HDTV, but looks horrible on the 24" SDTV located in the Master Bedroom and worse on the 19" SDTV in the Kid's Room. Not everyone has the benefit of having a large HDTV located in every room.

Thanks!

230 channel change is slow- Erratic signal strengths with OTA- - not as good as just TV tuner-after scan need to reboot- lost ehd but have not had chance to correct that- blue tooth headphones work great.

I still haven't reprieved the update yet. Both of mu Hoppers are connected to the net. I used the Sling on my phone today with no prob. So I have no idea what the hold up is.

Ghpr13 said:
Got S230 also. Glad to have it. I like the vivid colors matching the buttons on the remote. Oh, and the added features are welcomed too!:D
Ghpr13:)

Got the update as well and enjoy the colors too.

No problems with the ota module at this point.

I've got troubles. 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys 2 OTA Dongles. Installed, scanned, rebooted, deleted, rescanned TWICE! ALL Hoppers AND Joeys. Hoppers-all channels are fine. Joeys-1 black channel on both Joeys and pixelating on 2 channels. Add Locals feature not active yet. OTA channels not showing up with Remote Access. Lost EHD option also. And when are manual timers coming? Anyone else with these problems? Software was downloaded early morning today. May have to give it a couple more overnight reboots to correct itself or a couple more months for DISH to get its act together.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)