Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

Seems my wife didnt read "whats new" when we got the update, and I wasn't home. Is there a comprehensive list that shows whats new in this S230 update besides Bluetooth?

I've got troubles. 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys 2 OTA Dongles. Installed, scanned, rebooted, deleted, rescanned TWICE! ALL Hoppers AND Joeys. Hoppers-all channels are fine. Joeys-1 black channel on both Joeys and pixelating on 2 channels. Add Locals feature not active yet. OTA channels not showing up with Remote Access. Lost EHD option also. And when are manual timers coming? Anyone else with these problems? Software was downloaded early morning today. May have to give it a couple more overnight reboots to correct itself or a couple more months for DISH to get its act together.

Manual timers are coming soon.

What's Hot - To watch the hottest TV shows, movies and sports based on what everyone else is watching, select What’s Hot from the Main Menu.

Filter between Genres by pressing the Red button on your remote
Filter between Local and National by pressing the Green button
Filter between On Now, On Next, and Today by pressing the Yellow button
All content will automatically sort by most popular to least popular

You can also quickly access What’s Hot by pressing the Blue button on your remote from the Guide.

Deleted Recordings (DVR Recycle Bin)

To restore recently deleted shows from the past 48 hours, select Deleted Recordings from your DVR folder.

Bluetooth Headset support

Note:
Only 2 headsets can be connected at one time

SiriusXM Album Artwork

Sports fans can now follow scores plus quickly change channels to a new game while watching live TV. Press the Blue button on your remote while watching TV to access the Game Finder app.

OTA Support

Color Key Navigation

PTAT -
available in SD in the majority of the markets that still broadcast ABC,CBS,FOX and NBC in SD

patrickstuart said:
Got s230 last night, timers are back on DOL, now time will tell if the PTAT delete after 8 days is truly fixed... Deleted a show that was saved from PTAT and it did NOT show up in deleted items, assuming this is because it is still available in the PTAT folder?

Correct...i deleted some old ptat shows back in may and they are in recycle bin...deleted mike and molly from monday and it does not show up in recycle bin due to it being in the ptat folder

Had been on S230 since installation on 11/17/2012. At 7PM PST, the Hopper just turned off and then says Starting up, not sure what caused that. Autotune timers at 2:00AM originally and 2:30AM is not doing anything since 11/23 as the box is still in standby mode when I turn the TV on at 8AM, did they did something to change the time when it checks for autoupdate as the box always is left on prior to 1:00AM while the tv goes off at 11:00PM.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the "record date" is no longer 2/07/2106 when you transfer recordings to your EHD. The date that shows up now is the date you recorded the event to your Hopper.

S230 was installed at 9:37 Am yesterday morning. Shook me for a couple moments when the opening screen was that wild pink color. I lost a number of movies but when rebooted they showed up with different "cover pics" but work fine.

Yeah my Hopper finally got the latest update so far I really like the changes they made and have no issues as well. :)

Last edited:
Its there this morning after the nightly update. We'll see if it disappears again.

My EHD has remained OK for two straight days! That's a new record. This has been going on since the beta testing and maybe they figured it out and it is fixed!

Mine upgraded finally.... overall really pleased with the update as most of my "issues" were fixed.

Still hope they add the ptat logos to the joeys guide... as much as I tell the others in my house they don't need to schedule anything on primetime hours for the major networks they still set them from time to time which ties up an extra tuner.

I also am curious if the ptat still has issues with loss of signal. Actually had a storm roll through 2 days ago which I did lose signal and they reverted back to abc. Guess I will have to wait for the next loss of signal to see.

I got my update yesterday while I was at work! Everything seems to be in order. I'm really loving the Hopper!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts