Hopper Sling and EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brianw36

Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Central NY
When ever I connect to my sling I can see all my channels and any recordings on hopper hard drive. But
I can not access any of my recordings on my EHD. It used to show them when I used my sling with a 722k with same EHD. Any thoughts?

I've seen this as well. I did a test, and when the Sling Adapter fires up, the hopper disconnects the EHD. As far as I'm concerned, it's a BUG.

I've paged DIRT to this thread :)

When ever I connect to my sling I can see all my channels and any recordings on hopper hard drive. But
I can not access any of my recordings on my EHD. It used to show them when I used my sling with a 722k with same EHD. Any thoughts?

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number and the Hopper's software version?

Last edited:
Yes Hopper does not let you view EHD recordings over Sling like the ViP722k... Another step backwards. C'mon Dish, if you want Hopper to be the best receiver, at least make it have all the features that the older receivers have (manual timers, EHD Sling, recording deletion history, password protect recordings, the list could go on but I'll just leave it at that.)

And this is the problem with getting the product out there in a hurry to be competitive before all the refinements. Charlie should hire more engineers/software people and get the products really ready for prime time when released.