HOPPER SNAP

I kind of doubt that they will be handing them out to existing customers, which I really do think is unfair. I was on chat with them a while back trying to get just ONE Snap for my HWS and was basically told that I could order one when they were available on their website. I have always liked DishNetwork and their equipment but I really think they have kind of dropped the ball on customer service to their long time customers.

Yes I could order one from one of the online vendors, and it would probably only cost between $15 and $20 including shipping. That is not the point though. They reallly should show some appreciation for long-time loyal customers, and that would be a cheap bone to throw us. They are willing to ship out free voice remotes to promote the new Google Assistant voice feature and I am sure the remotes cost them more than the Snap does.

I kind of doubt that they will be handing them out to existing customers, which I really do think is unfair. I was on chat with them a while back trying to get just ONE Snap for my HWS and was basically told that I could order one when they were available on their website. I have always liked DishNetwork and their equipment but I really think they have kind of dropped the ball on customer service to their long time customers.

Yes I could order one from one of the online vendors, and it would probably only cost between $15 and $20 including shipping. That is not the point though. They reallly should show some appreciation for long-time loyal customers, and that would be a cheap bone to throw us. They are willing to ship out free voice remotes to promote the new Google Assistant voice feature and I am sure the remotes cost them more than the Snap does.
They are giving them to existing customers. Service calls with hopper 1 or 2 get one if they have Joey 1's.

What if I don't need a service call? I have Wireless Joey's, so I have the wrong kind of Joey to qualify?
I just checked eBay, and there is a listing for a brand new Snap for $12.95 (including shipping). For that price, it is not worth trying to go through the trouble of getting one for free from Dish. Back in September, I was tired of waiting for Dish to offer them to us, so I bought one on eBay for $14.49 (with shipping). I also had a $5.00 coupon which brought the total price down to $9.49.

The Snap made a big difference in speed with my HWS receiver. It was really worth the low price. I would advise you to just purchase one yourself.

I will probably end up buying one at some point but it still irritates me. They are sending out thousands of remote controls for free to many customers that do not want them, but they cannot send one of the Snaps to a long-time customer that asks for one.

I just checked eBay, and there is a listing for a brand new Snap for $12.95 (including shipping). For that price, it is not worth trying to go through the trouble of getting one for free from Dish. Back in September, I was tired of waiting for Dish to offer them to us, so I bought one on eBay for $14.49 (with shipping). I also had a $5.00 coupon which brought the total price down to $9.49.

The Snap made a big difference in speed with my HWS receiver. It was really worth the low price. I would advise you to just purchase one yourself.
I'm going to order one at that price.

My advise to anyone on the fence, standing on principle, or waiting on Dishes’ benevolence - get over it and get the snap. You’re missing out- and you will not be sorry for having purchased the module.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was up visiting my brother in law last week and the Dish tech was there upgrading him from an ancient receiver. They were hooking up a hopper sling and I asked if they were adding the snap. Answer "yes" so I wander off to other stuff.
That night I look at it and no snap so I did just what you recommend. I went on line and ordered one up from ebay, gifted to him, and he had it in two days. For the price, it's just not worth sitting on a wait line and then jumping though hoops to get a free one.

I don't think the Dish 'techs' around here even have the Snaps.

As a LOCAL retailer we add one to every Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 that we see. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I bought one of these and fixed a lot of the problems mine was having...particularly the annoying channel banner changing the program name back and forth between the last program and the current program while changing channels. Now I'm having some weird glitch where my batteries are supposedly at critcial levels on both remotes and changing to new batteries and resetting the Hopper doesn't fix it.

I bought one of these and fixed a lot of the problems mine was having...particularly the annoying channel banner changing the program name back and forth between the last program and the current program while changing channels.
The Hopper Snap has nothing to do with that

Well, it magically stopped the moment I plugged it in and flipped through the channels to check to see if it would help. It stopped doing it after dealing with the issue for 6+ months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)