Hopper Software Upgrade, now dead

mattrod

Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
KCMO
Greetings,
My hopper did it's daily software upgrade last night 12/4/13, rebooted, then appeared to run the fan on hi speed for an extended time. I tried turning the system on this morning and got nothing. No power light, only thing running was the hi speed fan. I unplugged the hopper for 10 sec, plugged in again and tried turning on after 30 minutes. Nothing. Are my DVR recordings lost?

Well, if the receiver itself died but the disk is OK, people have been known to swap (or otherwise transfer the information on) disks...

Thanks for the quick replys.
Dish is sending a new unit. As far as transferring data, would I have to open the case for that? It seems strange that it failed after a daily software update. Is that common? It seems like its only a year old.

Thanks for the quick replys. Dish is sending a new unit. As far as transferring data, would I have to open the case for that? It seems strange that it failed after a daily software update. Is that common? It seems like its only a year old.

If you are leasing the unit do NOT open the case and swap the drives. They will most likely charge you for it.

Your recordings are gone. Sorry, it is a piece of hardware and they do fail occasionally.

My Hopper With Sling stopped working the day I got the new software update. It would get to the "Hopper is starting up" page... and that's as far as it would go. I received a new HWS a couple of days ago. All of the timers, OTA channels, settings, etc. were transferred from the remote and it saved we a lot of time, but all of my saved programs are on their way to the Dish site in El Paso, TX.

Larry
SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts