Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was supposed to get a hopper when I first signed up with Dish in response to a promotion. The promotional sales guy talked me out of it, assuring me that I would get the same features as the hopper - prime time anytime, streaming movies from blockbuster, etc. - but could only connect to two TVs. When I discovered that the 625 receiver they gave me had none of those features, I spent hours on the phone with various Dish CS reps who insisted it was an upgrade and quoted fees from $200 to $800. I gave up. Now I have a new television that only has HDMI connections. I dread having to go through that stress again. I'd like to replace the 625 with the hopper/w sling, but I can't afford, or in good conscience pay, upgrade fees. Can anyone help?

7 year customer here. Would like to upgrade one of my 2 622's with a Hopper. The 622 is not leased so wondering what cost will be for upgrade? Thanks DIRT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Customer for many years

Looking to upgrade to Hopper w/Sling + 3 Joeys. Currently have a 2 622s and a 211.

I would like to upgrade my current hoppers for a hopper with sling player. Will a DIRT member contact me?

I'm interested in upgrading my current Hopper with the a HWS. Please contact me with details.

Appreciate a DIRT Member PMing me regarding upgrading from 722k systems to hopper with sling. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

On Thursday morning i awoke to my "every 2 1/2 year vip722 is dead". Got on here and pm"d ZachS@DISH Network from dirt. Upgraded me to a hws and 1 joey from my dead 722 and a 211. He Set up the install for the next day. The tech showed up on time , once he got here he looked and also needed to replace the dish and installed everything to perfection. So a big thanks to ZachS@DISH Network with dirt for getting this done from my pm to the new equipment installed and running in about 20 hours!!!

ZachS@DISH Network helped me out with a Hopper upgrade as well on Thursday.
It must run in DIRT's jeans to do excellent work.
Thanks for the help ZachS.
Dan

Last edited:
Another big hurrah to ZachS@DISH. He set up our swap out of a 622 to HWS plus Joey. Local installer Josh showed up on time; he replaced LNBs and ran a new cable for the Joey. I had thought I had 30 days to return my leased 622, and was going to copy our many saved programs to EHD. But Josh's work order was for him to pick up the 622. But we lost many recordings which can never be replaced. Other than that, congrats to ZachS and Josh.

I would like to upgrade my current hoppers for a hopper with sling player. Will a DIRT member contact me?

I received a reply from BeckiB@Dish Network asking for my account info which I did reply to but haven't heard from her since.

thanks,
Ken

Hello DIRT Members,
We currently have an original Hopper and 2 Joeys. I would like to add another Hopper and remove one of the Joeys. Ideally I would like to upgrade the original Hopper too. Can you tell me what the costs/process would be for these options?

If need be you can contact me on the phone number in the account.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts