hopper vs joey playback external hdd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kevdogg91

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Columbus Ohio
I have recordings my external hard drive attached to a hopper. I can view them fine on the hopper but on the joey some of them give me error 014 "This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased".

Based on another post you got it installed on the 14th of Jan? So it isn't a Hopper with sling. I want to say it was a software issue. You also mentioned multiple hoppers in other post. So is the joey in question linked to Hopper with ehd?

I had the same issue. The error when playing programs recorded on channels you don't subscribe was only fixed on the Hopper (and Hopper with sling). This was never fixed for the Joey's. I asked DIRT about this in February and they confirmed. So for me I have a ton of TCM I have recorded, but now have AT120 which doesn't have that channel. This is not an EHD problem as I transferred several movies to the Hopper and the Joey still can't watch the programs.

This bug would be nice to have fixed as well.

Are you able to transfer from the EHD to the Hopper or do you get the same error message when you attempt to transfer? I'm assuming you can playback from your Hopper? Thanks.

I had the same issue. The error when playing programs recorded on channels you don't subscribe was only fixed on the Hopper (and Hopper with sling). This was never fixed for the Joey's. I asked DIRT about this in February and they confirmed. So for me I have a ton of TCM I have recorded, but now have AT120 which doesn't have that channel. This is not an EHD problem as I transferred several movies to the Hopper and the Joey still can't watch the programs.

This bug would be nice to have fixed as well.

For me I get no error message when transferring from the EHD to the hopper (and back again). Recordings on channels you don't subscribe to play fine when on an EHD or on the Hopper hard drive. The Joey just can't play the recordings from either location (EHD or Hopper) and displays an error 014.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)