Hopper - will 3 tuners be enough?

Are 3 tuners enough for Dish Customers (not you personally)

• 95% of Dish customers don't need more than 3 tuners and 5% want more tuners

Votes: 87 35.8%
  • 60% don't need 3 tuners, 30% need more but are dumb and happy, and 10% want more tuners

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • At least 50% of Dish customers are not going to be happy with only 3 tuners

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • 3 tuners won't cut it for most customers

Votes: 57 23.5%

• Total voters
Dish has a homerun with the Hopper in having three tuners, Primetime anytime, and the ability to attach a second Hopper and share all the content with HD to all receivers. Let's hope they do not strike out with the cost/fees of the second Hopper.

If I recall, Scott mentioned that Dish was looking into a 6 tuner "Hopper" box in the future if the demand is there. That would be an ideal solution at least for me.

No, he did not. You can add another Hopper to make it six.

If I recall, Scott mentioned that Dish was looking into a 6 tuner "Hopper" box in the future if the demand is there. That would be an ideal solution at least for me.

No, he did not. You can add another Hopper to make it six.

Are you sure? I seem to recall that statement too. Today, two Hoppers. If demand warrants in the future, a 6 tuner single Hopper.

Yes, I'm pretty sure. Scott, correct me if I am wrong. I think one of your statements was taken out of context.

Are you sure? I seem to recall that statement too. Today, two Hoppers. If demand warrants in the future, a 6 tuner single Hopper.
that is exactly what Scott said.

In the future based on the demand for a second hopper, Dish could conceivably make a single hopper with six tuners.

Of course you can't read into any of that since the current two hopper solution could very well work for most customers, but it might be a way for dish to stay competitive, cut costs and cut receiver count further down the road.

I said it before that they should of just made a satellite module( similar to the dual ota tuner the 722k has) that could be added for another three sat tuners like the hopper already has. Then if you wanted more than 3 sat tuners , and you did NOT want to pay another additional receiver FEE, you could just plug it in and it would split to three sat tuners like the hopper does now. It would make more sense than coming out with ANOTHER RECEIVER later on that does 6 tuners. I had thought that with the introduction of the ota dual tuner module for the 722k that they were thinking along these lines for future upgrades. Modules you could add as needed ,rather than another new receiver each and every time a new feature is added.

I cant participate with the poll as i am on my phone, but i cansay for most of the customers I install, 3 is enough. 2-3 rooms is abot normal install. I get 4 rooms or more about 15 percent ofthe time. And as far as dvr or hd in all rooms. 90 percent dont even need/want it.

I think it's suppose to be "mums the word" on the Hopper with 6 tuners. Could be possible since it sounds like tuners come as three or six from what I hear.

I said it before that they should of just made a satellite module( similar to the dual ota tuner the 722k has) that could be added for another three sat tuners like the hopper already has. Then if you wanted more than 3 sat tuners , and you did NOT want to pay another additional receiver FEE, you could just plug it in and it would split to three sat tuners like the hopper does now. It would make more sense than coming out with ANOTHER RECEIVER later on that does 6 tuners. I had thought that with the introduction of the ota dual tuner module for the 722k that they were thinking along these lines for future upgrades. Modules you could add as needed ,rather than another new receiver each and every time a new feature is added.

I have been thinking this for years. They need to make the receivers upgradable. They probably figure technology changes so much that they would want to make other changes as well to the receiver making it not worth the hassle. In this case, with needing to add more satellite tuners, it would make great sense to do that.

As my other posts I have made all DISH needs is 4 satellite tuners,when combined with PTAT and the MT2 it would be 6 or 10 with PTAT:eek:(4SAT+2OTA).DISH could name this beast Thumper because it will beat the crap out of any thing on the market available today.;):D

Since so many people need more than three tuners per the survey, how ware they coping now?

I can see mutiple DVRs but then you have to move around to see the recordings.

That's what I keep thinking. If the Hopper isn't going to be enough how are you all getting my now? Dish is making an improvement but it still isn't enough. I know that if Dish made a 4 tuner receiver it still wouldn't be enough and people would complain. Never fails.

Since so many people need more than three tuners per the survey, how ware they coping now?
I have 2 HD DVR's (D* & Bell) on the downstairs tv and 2 on the upstairs tv and schedule recording accordingly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)