Hopper With Sling Software Version S328

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Hopper with Sling software version S328 is here. First thing I noticed when I saved a PTAT recording the little blue S does not show up in the icon. Will update the remote control color button list later today.

I just discovered a remote control issue. With TV and Hopper in the off mode and remote control in the satellite mode, when I press the top power button the TV and Hopper turn on. Prior version only the Hopper would turn on and then I would press the lower power button the TV would turn on. My Hopper is connected by HDMI direct to TV. I do not like this new change. Got to run some errands. Will check out all the remote color buttons when I get back.

I just discovered a remote control issue. With TV and Hopper in the off mode and remote control in the satellite mode, when I press the top power button the TV and Hopper turn on. Prior version only the Hopper would turn on and then I would press the lower power button the TV would turn on. My Hopper is connected by HDMI direct to TV. I do not like this new change. Got to run some errands. Will check out all the remote color buttons when I get back.

Yup that's new. I kinda like it but they should give you the option to turn it off.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That is the new CEC feature. You can turn it off by accessing Menu>Settings>Diagnostics>CEC.

That is a new feature, HDMI-CEC not only will it turn your TV on, but it will change the input on your TV to the input your Hopper is on, in case your kids or someone else used your tv to do something like play XBOX and didn't turn the input back for you.

This feature can be turned off in the Hopper's settings if you don't want it to do that.

Yup that's new. I kinda like it but they should give you the option to turn it off.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I kinda like it too if I am at the TV that is connected to the Hopper at same location. But, I have three Hoppers with RF modulators attached to them so I can watch any of the three Hoppers at another TV location in modulated mode with a paired remote. When I am at a remote TV location I want both remote control power buttons to perform like they are suppose too when you press either power button. Top button controls the Hopper and the bottom button controls the TV. The remotes already cause me headaches because when I use a paired remote to a Hopper at another location, if the Hopper is off and you press the satellite button the Hopper turns on when I don't want it to turn on. The remotes have been that way for some time now. When I was still on VIP722k system some of the remote controls would do that and some wouldn't. I guess it depended on what model remote or maybe if the remote was made in China or Mexico. It is a pain in the back rear end area if you know what I mean!!

That is a new feature, HDMI-CEC not only will it turn your TV on, but it will change the input on your TV to the input your Hopper is on, in case your kids or someone else used your tv to do something like play XBOX and didn't turn the input back for you.

This feature can be turned off in the Hopper's settings if you don't want it to do that.

Will this feature work on the Joeys as well?

WOW, thanks Scott and lucky86. Sure glad to see that new HDMI-CEC setting gives you a choice. I guess I better get busy and check all the remote control color buttons. Looks like I got to do some changes to the remote color button list.

I noticed some small changes. The tiles in the DVR menu look a little different. Can't remember if they always had the number of episodes recorded showing in the corner of the tile but it looks different now. I also noticed that when watching a DVR recording when I am done watching the show it will bring me back to the tile I was on. I think in the past it just brought you to the top of the DVR menu. This is great for when you're watching the multiple episodes of the same show. Last night I was catching up on The Walking Dead when I noticed it, great upgrade.

I noticed some small changes. The tiles in the DVR menu look a little different. Can't remember if they always had the number of episodes recorded showing in the corner of the tile but it looks different now. I also noticed that when watching a DVR recording when I am done watching the show it will bring me back to the tile I was on. I think in the past it just brought you to the top of the DVR menu. This is great for when you're watching the multiple episodes of the same show. Last night I was catching up on The Walking Dead when I noticed it, great upgrade.

If you are watching a series you can always create a playlist and setup autoplay so that you don't need to go back into the DVR menu each time.

Is this new? When skipping back or forward it shows a little icon in upper right side of screen with either 10 sec. back, or 30 sec. forward. I don't recall seeing it before new software.

If you are watching a series you can always create a playlist and setup autoplay so that you don't need to go back into the DVR menu each time.

Oh really? I know people had asked about doing this in the past. Is this new or have we been able to do it? That's perfect for watching a series or setting up shows for my son to watch.

Oh really? I know people had asked about doing this in the past. Is this new or have we been able to do it? That's perfect for watching a series or setting up shows for my son to watch.

Its been out since the last release I believe? Open a folder and select Edit and then mark the events you want to play. Then choose Edit Action and choose Autoplay and BAM! I use this all the time for Team UmiZumi and Dora.

I did not know about this feature either! Would have been handy when the kids were younger. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)