Horrible PQ on tennis channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Is it just me or is the tennis channel practically unwatchable? I love tennis and was really looking forward to this channel, but the picture is so fuzzy it is pretty much unwatchable. It has got to be the worst SD channel I have found so far. Anyone else notice this?

ditto fox sports world. looks like an old VHS tape. yikes. tried to watch euro2004 and gave up.

man it would be sweet to have inhd now. they're showing some euro2004 matches.

I gave up a long time ago , well 3 months ago on it , I too like Tennis but I cant watch that channel . Also I called the Tennis channel and ask them what was up with the picture just last week here in GA, they gave me a # for LA , so I called it then they gave me the # for the person that was in charge of of the PQ and everyone that I spoke to said it looks great to them , they said they didnt see a problem with it . So it must be us . lol

You guys notice it too, thank God. I thought I was the only one.

First time I watched it I thought maybe it was just the show...figured I'd try again with another show... tried a few different shows between then and now.... turns out it's the whole damn channel!!! What a complete waste of a potentially great channel!!! I've had Voom since Saturday and this is my first BIG disappointment with them.

As for the people at the channel that Lobo spoke to that said their PQ was just fine, they must've been watching on a 13" black and white tv. :(

Maybe someone from Voom that reads this forum could shed some light on this?

Let me add one more voie to the chorus: Voom's having the Tennis Channel was a major reason for my signing on. For me, V* is the only provider that carries it.

And the PQ is horrible. Barely watchable at its best, and when they insert their crawler, absolutely unfathomable. Could be shhuffleboard for all you could tell.

It shouldn't take a genius to figure that tennis (tiny ball, fast speed, big area) requires at least marginal PQ for folks to be able to watch.

Does Wilt address issues like these? It really needs attention....

I think that the PQ on The Tennis Channel is similar to most other SD channels. In other words, it sux. It is more annoying because it is tennis. Oh well, just wait for the US Open. For the last few years it was in HD (at least the finals). InHD channels show some HD tennis from time to time.

DarrellP said:
I gave up all SD channels a long time ago.

Well, that's nice for you, but I'm not going to watch Beach Blanket Bingo in HD when Rashomon is airing in SD, and I'm not going to start watching skateboarding instead of pro tennis just because the former's in HD, when it's the latter that's my passion.

Seriously, the PQ is WORSE on TTC than on ESPN2 and other SD channels, and comments like "I gave it up" don't really help those of us who just want watchable content, whether it's SD or HD.

Some SD channels have perfectly fine PQ. Why can't TTC?

FunkyBoss said:
Is this a Voom problem, or does the PQ suck on D* and E* too?

I don't think either carries TTC. As far as I know, it's only otherwise available on som ecable systems. Anybody here subscribe to a cable system that carries it and can compare?

DarrellP said:
I can vouch that it sucks on E*, that's why I gave it up long ago.

I assume you mean the PQ on SD on E* in general, not specifically on TTC. Still trying to determine if the problem is with Voom or with TTC.

andrzej said:
I think that the PQ on The Tennis Channel is similar to most other SD channels. In other words, it sux.

I can tell you that without a doubt, the PQ on the Tennis Channel is much much worse than the other "bad" SD channels. I can watch the other ones. This one is completely unwatchable!!! The picture is so soft and fuzzy that most of the time you can't even make out the numbers when they show the score, never mind trying to see the ball!!! If you want to see the difference, put on espn or espn2 when they show Wimbledon highlights, then switch to the Tennis Channel. Both SD channels....difference in PQ is night and day!!!

Unless they fix it, it is basically a complete waste of bandwidth. Aside from the HD offerings, Tennis channel was one of the things I was most looking forward to with Voom. I'm really disappointed. :(

TTC did look better on E*, as does Travel and BET. PQ overall on E* is very fuzzy and smeary looking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts