Horrific Install!!!!

iloco said:
If I put the amp from the antenna downlead before the multiswitch, I can't place the power supply after the switch can I??? :confused:

no the power supply need to come before the multi-switch so you can amp all 3 receviers . DO you have the the diplexer on the back of your receiver?

yes, they installed the diplex on all 3. BLAH. I don't have any easy way to get power before the multiswitch. :mad:

I've got a huge antenna now, not ampd and had the Sensar 2200 that obviously had no amp pwr. When I amp this baby, will it have too strong of a signal to the recvr? still :confused:

BTW, can I use an inline amp just for the combined sat/ant cable before my HDTV STB. I don't usually watch the rest anyhow. Or just end all this nonsense and call Voom again. ???

iloco said:
yes, they installed the diplex on all 3. BLAH. I don't have any easy way to get power before the multiswitch. :mad:

I've got a huge antenna now, not ampd and had the Sensar 2200 that obviously had no amp pwr. When I amp this baby, will it have too strong of a signal to the recvr? still :confused:

no should be to powerful you are trying to amp to pull in station right? is this Multi-switch on the outlide of you home? if so put you amp at the power source and run a coax back out to the multi-switch.

iloco said:
BTW, can I use an inline amp just for the combined sat/ant cable before my HDTV STB. I don't usually watch the rest anyhow. Or just end all this nonsense and call Voom again. ???

no not on the inside cause you signal is compain with the gray box on the receiver so that would kill you sat signal. Yeah if you don't want to mess with it i would call voom and request that you need a amp on you antenna.

TYORK said:
no should be to powerful you are trying to amp to pull in station right? is this Multi-switch on the outlide of you home? if so put you amp at the power source and run a coax back out to the multi-switch.

Yeah, they strapped it to a gutter :) I just got off the phone with Voom CSR. They're sending out a tech for site survey to determine if I need an amp on Tues. I'm satisfied with how they're handling so far. I also requested a different installer. The same one wouldn't know how to correct something he didn't do right the first time. :no

iloco said:
Yeah, they strapped it to a gutter :) I just got off the phone with Voom CSR. They're sending out a tech for site survey to determine if I need an amp on Tues. I'm satisfied with how they're handling so far. I also requested a different installer. The same one wouldn't know how to correct something he didn't do right the first time. :no

Hope everything work out on Tuesday. let us know.

iloco said:

Follow this it is the best anwser
http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=4527
best of luck

Fixed!

Thanks for your help again TYork. I found the problem yesterday when I was up on my roof trying to reaim. The UHF loop that the downlead wire is connected to was not touching the antenna beam on one side. I bent the small metal tab down to contact and get 95-97 on all my OTA channels. Small but big deal.... so, to conclude this saga, I got to watch the Super Bowl last night in perfect OTA HDTV! Thanks again for everyone's help.

iloco said:
Thanks for your help again TYork. I found the problem yesterday when I was up on my roof trying to reaim. The UHF loop that the downlead wire is connected to was not touching the antenna beam on one side. I bent the small metal tab down to contact and get 95-97 on all my OTA channels. Small but big deal.... so, to conclude this saga, I got to watch the Super Bowl last night in perfect OTA HDTV! Thanks again for everyone's help.

gald to here you go it fixed.

TYORK said:
Don't go to this thread cause this guy don't know what he is talking about the VM 3400 is no a power pass multi-switch so there for he is just guessing
Please do not take this advise Just stay with what i have told you to do so far.

I know this is a really old post, but just to set everyone straight about the VM-3400:

The Wingard VM-3400 Multi-Switch is ideally suited for multiple Satellite receiver installations for home or small commercial applications. Equipped with 2 Satellite inputs, Off-Air Antenna input and 4 Satellite receiver outputs, this unit is a "power-passing" multi-switch providing a regulated 12 volts DC to the Off-Air input to power an antenna pre-amplifier. The VM-3400 also eliminates the need for a seperate diplexer and is equipped with an internal amplifier to compensate for insertion loss. This unit can be powered from any of the 4 Satellite receiver outputs making this unit extremely versatile and cost effective by eliminating the requirement for an external power source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts