How are HR 24's better than 20's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
The just set me up yesterday on a new install with two HR 20's. I asked for 24's and he said he didn't have any available but that the 20 was just the same now that they added an attachment to get internet. Is that true? Would I get a better picture with the 24?
The HD picture seems very good--maybe slightly better than Dish who I just canceled. Very happy with Direct--so far much better than Dish. Need to get an RF remote though. From Direct it's $25.00--anyone know a cheaper place to get one?

The just set me up yesterday on a new install with two HR 20's. I asked for 24's and he said he didn't have any available but that the 20 was just the same now that they added an attachment to get internet. Is that true? Would I get a better picture with the 24?
The HD picture seems very good--maybe slightly better than Dish who I just canceled. Very happy with Direct--so far much better than Dish. Need to get an RF remote though. From Direct it's $25.00--anyone know a cheaper place to get one?

HR24 is a faster running unit than the HR20, however, I would not knock the HR20's as they are better than all the others outside of the 24's.

Not to mention if your want to use an OTA antenna, the tuner is already built into the HR20's - on all the other models, you have to buy an external OTA attachment, which is the AM21.

Annie,

The HR 20's also do not have a built in Deca so if you wish to do MRV you will have to get a separate Deca connected to the back fo the HR20.

John

Annie,

The HR 20's also do not have a built in Deca so if you wish to do MRV you will have to get a separate Deca connected to the back fo the HR20.

John

However, the H/HR24 is the ONLY one that has DECA built in, the rest have add on equipment.

Or if you're able to conveniently get a network cable to them all DECA is irrelevant anyways. Going to need a connection behind your TVs anyways at some point...3+ devices in both rooms we have TVs in use the internet in our house.

Annie,

John

Yes I have the DECA and MRV. Would have liked to have had the HR 24 for faster response to remote. Perhaps getting the RF remote will be helpful. Anywhere to get them cheaper than Direct's 25.00 charge?

i got a rf remote with my hr-24, well it does both, i asked the installer to set it to rf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts