How can I record Programs from Sirius to ipod?

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I know there were some products that could do this and I know can not find them. I want to record Howard Sterns show from the Siruius website (I am a subscriber) and then put it on my IPOD. Anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

I think you are thinking of the TimeTrax thing, someone correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I know, because of the encoding that both Sirius and XM use, there is no way to transfer their recordings to an ipod.

I think you are thinking of the TimeTrax thing, someone correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I know, because of the encoding that both Sirius and XM use, there is no way to transfer their recordings to an ipod.

One can easily record their sat radio with the award winning Total Recorder Pro and save to virtually any file format you want to. Use the iTunes/iPod plug-in for that option. This program has been discussed numerous times at length elsewhere in this area; it will have details, tip/tricks, etc or if you don't want to search it out just go to their website. I personally detest iPod, but everyone has a reason.

I actually detest IPOD as well. I use a Creative ZEN vision M. Much better unit without all the protection and limitations. I load my xvids and such with no problem or re-encoding.

So this program works well? I will research it.

oh and I have no need for the over priced stilleto, but thanks anyway.

I want to recored Howard, Bubba, Jim Bruer ect and be able to listen when I want on my ZEN

THANK YOU!

Interesting. I got Total record program. First tried downloading from Carrie Underwoods website some music. Worked flawlessly!

However then I turned on Howard Stern on Sirius internet radio and it did not work. It did not sense audio to record? Am I doing something wrong?

Okay, well I figured it out. I downloaded a program called replay Av and Replay 7. Its will record podcasts, radio, satellite radio with no problem. Better even then the other program. Plus you can find it on bittorrent. The problem is Sirius got smart and you need to enter a different code each time you use your subscribed internet radio and if you leave your PC unattended Sirius has a popup warning to aswer if your still listening about every 2 hours. So you need to be at your PC for it really to work well. But its still cool!

The problem is Sirius got smart and you need to enter a different code each time you use your subscribed internet radio and if you leave your PC unattended Sirius has a popup warning to aswer if your still listening about every 2 hours. So you need to be at your PC for it really to work well. But its still cool!

You need to install the Yahoo! widget engine and then
add this widget. It handles the captcha prompts and the 2 hour prompt and acts like a stand alone radio. I've never recorded the streams, but the player is great for work while at the PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts