How desperate is the government for Barry Bonds??!!

I wonder what our resident Baseball fanatic, KCK_Halo thinks about all of this steroid/MLB stuff. Not necessarily about Bonds in particular, but the whole steroids smearing this wonderful pastime topic. KCK if you're out there, I'd love to hear your thoughts.........

There has ALWAYS been SOME KIND of drug enchancements in baseball, but because the most prestigious records of ALL of sports has been broken, Home Runs in a season and in a career, this has caused an uproar NOW/Lately.

There has ALWAYS been SOME KIND of drug enchancements in baseball, but because the most prestigious records of ALL of sports has been broken, Home Runs in a season and in a career, this has caused an uproar NOW/Lately.

I don't think Coke and Quaaludes have the same "performance enhancement" as Roids.

Apparently YOU DON'T because you keep crying about his lying to the grand jury. NO ONE has denied he lied..... :rolleyes:

Take the blinkers off on occassion, it might open your eyes to a whole new world.....:eureka

I keep crying? What are you, 12? Time to start insulting people if they don't agree with you?

Sandra

I don't think Coke and Quaaludes have the same "performance enhancement" as Roids.

Remember, 'Roids do not "enhance" performance...it enhances recovery, therefore makes a player workout MORE because there will be less recovery time.

You must have missed this:

These amphetamines speed up the heart rate and have been proven to fight fatigue, increase alertness and sharpen reaction time. Athletes have used them to challenge the limits of endurance — and mask the accompanying pain.

I want to clarify my point from earlier in the thread.

I think Bonds is guilty of both using performance enhancing steriods and more than likely lying to a Federal Grand Jury.

Neither to just be dismissed as minor or trivial matters.

As for the baseball thing, (IMO) not much can be done there other than MLB to step to the podium and acknowledge that steriod use was rampant before testing began. Also acknowledge we were asleep at the wheel.

We can't devote the time and resources to investigate every single case from the 15-20 year era therfore we aren't going to investigate any of them, Bonds,Clemens nor the marginal pitcher juicing just to remain as the 12th pitcher on a staff somewhere.

What we can do is to be vigilant from this point forward and do everything humanely possible to ensure that our National Pastime remains steriod free from this day forward.

As for the Law thing and lying to a federal grand jury, I think he should be offered a deal that includes probation and a monetary fine if possible. Just get the guilty plea on the record. Absolutely no purpose is served by his going to jail other than to overcrowd Jails even further. I for one prefer that all Law enforcement time and monies be devoted to getting violent crimimals off the streets.

As for some in here that view this as a strictly "law and order manner" that's fine and we are all entitled to our various opinions. I just hope that you are also calling for with the same zest and zeal that Michael Phelps be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law also.

If not then you either beleive in selective justice or worse.

Last edited:
I keep crying? What are you, 12? Time to start insulting people if they don't agree with you?

Sandra

Since when is telling someone that they are "crying" insulting them...??!! LOL!!
You really need to lay of the coffee.....I have found decaf to help the jumpy knee-jerk reactions you get with regular coffee....;):rolleyes:

Bigger muscles don't allow balls to fly further off a bat? News to me. :rolleyes:

Bigger muscles does not necessarily generate a fast bat through the strike zone. FASTER HANDS generates that.

And the reason you have bigger muscles is because 'roids helps you re-coop faster froma workout...as I stated earlier, therefore you WORKOUT MORE.

Bigger muscles does not necessarily generate a fast bat through the strike zone. FASTER HANDS generates that.

And the reason you have bigger muscles is because 'roids helps you re-coop faster froma workout...as I stated earlier, therefore you WORKOUT MORE.

I'm not sure...are you saying steroids do or don't help hitters?

Sandra

I want to clarify my point from earlier in the thread.

I think Bonds is guilty of both using performance enhancing steriods and more than likely lying to a Federal Grand Jury.

Neither to just be dismissed as minor or trivial matters.

As for the baseball thing, (IMO) not much can be done there other than MLB to step to the podium and acknowledge that steriod use was rampant before testing began. Also acknowledge we were asleep at the wheel.

We can't devote the time and resources to investigate every single case from the 15-20 year era therfore we aren't going to investigate any of them, Bonds,Clemens nor the marginal pitcher juicing just to reamin as the 12th pitcher on a staff somewhere.

What we can do is to be vigilant from this point forward and do everything humanely possible to ensure that our National Pastime remains steriod free from this day forward.

As for the Law thing and lying to a federal grand jury, I think he should be offered a deal that includes probation and a monetary fine if possible. Just get the guilty plea on the record. Absolutely no purpose is served by his going to jail other than to overcrowd Jails even further. I for one prefer that all Law enforcement time and monies be devoted to getting violent crimimals off the streets.

As for some in here that view this as a strictly "law and order manner" that's fine and we are all entitled to our various opinions. I just hope that you are also calling for with the same zest and zeal that Michael Phelps be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law also.

BEST post of this thread....could not have said it better myself!:up:up:up

The feds *generally* do not go after violent criminals on the streets - - - the State does. I really have no probelm with them going after liars. Like I said in an earlier post, setting a zero-tolerance policy for lying aids law-enforcement in doing their job....

As far as Michael Phelps:

1. They'd never be able to prove that he was actually smoking weed.
2. You have to look at the severity of the crime. Obstruction of Justice is a felony. Smoking weed is a waiverable misdameaoner in many jurisdictions.

All law enforcement agencies need to be heavily focused on street level crime. IMO

Phelps was smoking weed and we all know, it hell he confirmed it. Any other argument is splitting hairs and a matter of semantics.

Do I want him prosecuted ? No.

My point was and is the "Law and 'Order crowd " generally doesn't want Law and order and Justice administerd across the board evenly, but just in the cases that appeal to them.

Bonds is despised by most therfore "throw the book" at him.

Phelps is viewed by some in very favorable terms therfore they want him handled with "kid gloves" if at all.

You guys should really get a room. Or, move this to PMs.

LMAO!! Don't need one...sure as hell don't want one...and quite honestly refuse to bow down just because she is one of the few women that come here. Dealt with 5 sisters all my life and they sure as sh*t didn't get a break from me because they were girls...and they thank me every day for that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)