How desperate is the government for Barry Bonds??!!

That is my point....it IS overkill. ESPECIALLY when it has NOTHING to do with MY security.

Look at it from this standpoint. They bring so many people to ensure no evidence is destroyed, no one leaves the scene from any exit, and to ensure an agent doesn't do anything against the warrant. In other words, if you have a 4 or 5 bedroom house you need several agents to spread out to ensure their safety and the things I mentioned above. I doubt if this is that unusual in a federal case this high profile.

Look at it from this standpoint. They bring so many people to ensure no evidence is destroyed, no one leaves the scene from any exit, and to ensure an agent doesn't do anything against the warrant. In other words, if you have a 4 or 5 bedroom house you need several agents to spread out to ensure their safety and the things I mentioned above. I doubt if this is that unusual in a federal case this high profile.

Then why has the government not used the same "enthusiasm" to chase Roger Clemens? I mean he did the exact same thing in my opinion. Lied to the feds too!! Where is the 20 man raid to any of his witnesses house? :rolleyes:

BACK to my point about going after Clemens with the same enthusiasm, this on the wire services this morning:

Report: Roger Clemens DNA found on syringes

Tests link Roger Clemens' DNA to blood found in syringes that a personal trainer said he used to inject the former pitcher with performance-enhancing drugs, the Washington Post reported on Monday.

The newspaper cited two sources as also saying that the test results were preliminary and subject to verification. If the results are valid, the government could use the information in an indictment of Clemens for lying to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee when he said last year that he had never used performance-enhancing drugs. Prosecutors have asked a grand jury to decide whether to indict Clemens.

The trainer, Brian McNamee, testified at the same hearings as Clemens and said that he injected the seven-time Cy Young Award winner with steroids and human growth hormone more than a dozen times from 1998-2001. McNamee's attorneys said that the trainer kept syringes and guaze pads from the injections that were later turned over to the government.

Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, told the newspaper on Monday that the DNA tests "won't matter at all. It will still be evidence fabricated by McNamee. I would be dumbfounded if any responsible person ever found this to be reliable or credible evidence in any way."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3880712"]Report: Roger Clemens' DNA in Brian McNamee's syringes - ESPN[/ame]

maybe a bit overkill but hes clearly a cheat

AGAIN...no one is denying it. I sure as hell don't. But I am starting to possibly sense something else.

...Clemens and Bonds....BOTH cheats...
...Clemens and Bonds....BOTH a$$holes...
...Clemens and Bonds....BOTH considered either the best pitcher of our lifetime or the best hitter of our lifetime...
...Clemens and Bonds...BOTH lied to the government..
...Clemens is white....Bonds is...well, you know where this might lead....

....just say....

Clemens will have his day. This happens to be Bonds's day.

Screaming about Clemens as like asking why the police are going after one bank robber when another one is still out there. The one they're currently going after is no less guilty.

Sandra

Then why has the government not used the same "enthusiasm" to chase Roger Clemens? I mean he did the exact same thing in my opinion. Lied to the feds too!! Where is the 20 man raid to any of his witnesses house? :rolleyes:

He lied in front of Congress. Since they are natural liars it isn't looked at in the same light as lying to a grand jury. <BG>

Clemens will have his day. This happens to be Bonds's day.

Screaming about Clemens as like asking why the police are going after one bank robber when another one is still out there. The one they're currently going after is no less guilty.

Sandra
:rolleyes:
Oh what ever!!! They should go after both!! No this is a clear case of going after the one they want!! Clemens benefited more then Bonds!!

Yep.

And I was waiting for the race card to be played. :rolleyes:

Bonds. Liar. Cheat. Druggie. 0 HRs. .000 BA.
Well i guess you are still waiting!! No ONE played that card!!:rolleyes: There is many more then Clemens... McGuire is another that should be impaled to a stick before Bonds. Yes Bonds probably cheated but at least he had some talent BEFORE.. So if your done with your race baiting lest get back to the show!:eureka

Well i guess you are still waiting!! No ONE played that card!!:rolleyes: There is many more then Clemens... McGuire is another that should be impaled to a stick before Bonds. Yes Bonds probably cheated but at least he had some talent BEFORE.. So if your done with your race baiting lest get back to the show!:eureka

Salsa mentioned race. You should really read the whole thread. :rolleyes:

McGuire did not lie to a federal grand jury. He sounded like an idiot before congress and was kept out of the hall of fame because of it, but he did even appear before a federal grand jury.

Sandra

Since we can never know the day Bonds broke faith with all who came before him, we are foolish to engage in attempts to figure out what was legit and what was cheating.

Everything he did is best dismissed. He never existed.

Sam, I'm pretty sure at least 400 of his homers came before al;l this steroid stuff came up.

I'm not going to go as far as to take away EVERYTHING.

This is what is frustrating about Bonds. He didn't need any help from drugs. However, I think his jealousy of Sosa and McGwire and their home run chase drove him to that end. I think Bonds deserves to be in the Hall of Fame because of his achievements before the drug issue but not before other cheats. Let his arrogance keep him out like Rose's.

Since we can never know the day Bonds broke faith with all who came before him, we are foolish to engage in attempts to figure out what was legit and what was cheating.

Everything he did is best dismissed. He never existed.

The the same could be said about some of the Clemens, Sosa, Palmiero, McGuire right?

Somebody definitely doesn't get it. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Apparently YOU DON'T because you keep crying about his lying to the grand jury. NO ONE has denied he lied..... :rolleyes:

Take the blinkers off on occassion, it might open your eyes to a whole new world.....:eureka

Last edited:
A TON Ball players in the 60s use to take "greenies" to give them more energy ...should we erase THOSE records too?:rolleyes:

"Players use amphetamines to be the player they can't be when they're tired," said the veteran, who asked that his name not be used.

For decades, amphetamines — "speed" on the street — have helped baseball players face the rigors of their sport: Six-game weeks. Day games immediately following night games. Cross-country flights. Hundreds of repetitions in the batting cage and batter's box, on the mound and in the field. The stress of a pennant race in the August heat. "It's going to have a lot bigger effect on the game than steroid testing," said Chipper Jones, the Atlanta Braves' All-Star third baseman. "It's more rampant than steroids. ... I think the fringe players will be weeded out."

In recent years, players have estimated that between 50 and 80 percent of ballplayers have used amphetamines. A USA Today survey last year found that 35 percent of players thought at least half were using them. The ban will heighten the physical and mental strain of the season, the aforementioned veteran said.

"The manager comes to you and what are you going to say?... 'Oh, no, sorry. I can't go today.' I used it on days when I felt shut down, to keep my name in the lineup," he said. "You're going to see a lot of guys asking the manager for a day off."

Greenies, a nickname coined by ballplayers because of the color of the pills, were introduced to the game in the 1940s. These amphetamines speed up the heart rate and have been proven to fight fatigue, increase alertness and sharpen reaction time. Athletes have used them to challenge the limits of endurance — and mask the accompanying pain.

Amphetamines also are addictive and can cause heart attacks and strokes. They contributed to the first documented deaths from performance-enhancing drugs more than 45 years ago.

Players have ordered pills on the Internet or brought them to spring training after playing in winter leagues in Latin America, where amphetamines are available over-the-counter.

Baseball and amphetimines

I wonder what our resident Baseball fanatic, KCK_Halo thinks about all of this steroid/MLB stuff. Not necessarily about Bonds in particular, but the whole steroids smearing this wonderful pastime topic. KCK if you're out there, I'd love to hear your thoughts.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts