how do I do this???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I want a minimum amount of service from Direct TV, with the MLB Extra Innings package, and the NASCAR Track Pass. I want it in HD, and I don't want to keep the service from Octomber through March.

I will do the install myself or at least have a local outfit do, it but I do not want any two year or even one year commitment. If I buy a receiver on EBAY do I still pay a monthly lease fee. How do I tell which one will get MPEG 4??? and do I need the 5 lnb dish.

I understand DISH, but Direct is new to me. Can I do this all and what #s are current HD receivers??

all for Baseball and a little bit of NASCAR.

Be wary of "buying" receivers off of eBay...some of them still have a balance outstanding on them and you would be responsible for paying that off before DirecTV will activate it. In addition, the H21 is a leased receiver no matter where you get it from and it will automatically start a two year commitment. *Some* H20 receivers were owned, but the majority of them are also leased and will trigger the same commitment.

You will need the 5 LNB dish, and a H20/H21 receiver to receive MPEG4 channels.

do I need MPEG 4 for all HD, or just some? If I decide to dump the HD (if I can stand it) and watch only SD can I buy a receiver and not have a commitment?

They are moving all HD to MPEG4, there are only a few HD in MPEG2(H-10 receiver). You no longer own the receivers, they are leased, you can buy a dish though. No way around the commitment.
Look in to a C Band Sat FTA system, if you can have one. There are tons of sports feeds and HPass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts