how do I do this???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I want a minimum amount of service from Direct TV, with the MLB Extra Innings package, and the NASCAR Track Pass. I want it in HD, and I don't want to keep the service from Octomber through March.

I will do the install myself or at least have a local outfit do, it but I do not want any two year or even one year commitment. If I buy a receiver on EBAY do I still pay a monthly lease fee. How do I tell which one will get MPEG 4??? and do I need the 5 lnb dish.

I understand DISH, but Direct is new to me. Can I do this all and what #s are current HD receivers??

all for Baseball and a little bit of NASCAR.

Be wary of "buying" receivers off of eBay...some of them still have a balance outstanding on them and you would be responsible for paying that off before DirecTV will activate it. In addition, the H21 is a leased receiver no matter where you get it from and it will automatically start a two year commitment. *Some* H20 receivers were owned, but the majority of them are also leased and will trigger the same commitment.

You will need the 5 LNB dish, and a H20/H21 receiver to receive MPEG4 channels.

do I need MPEG 4 for all HD, or just some? If I decide to dump the HD (if I can stand it) and watch only SD can I buy a receiver and not have a commitment?

They are moving all HD to MPEG4, there are only a few HD in MPEG2(H-10 receiver). You no longer own the receivers, they are leased, you can buy a dish though. No way around the commitment.
Look in to a C Band Sat FTA system, if you can have one. There are tons of sports feeds and HPass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)