How do I find businesses (Bars or restaurants) in my area that carry Dish network?

That’s likely what the sales person wanted to sell them.

I never seen a bar require a DVR. A matter of fact Directv will not allow a DVR in a bar due to copy right issues.

Besides that, I don’t know any bar that would benefit from showing a previously played baseball or football game.

No fun watching if you already know who wins.
Is DTV able to deactivate DVR's remotely? That's what Dish does for commercial installs

Is DTV able to deactivate DVR's remotely? That's what Dish does for commercial installs
Good point. Dish even allows two Hopper Duos on commercial accounts, even though they do not allow that on residential accounts. You may ask, "Why wouldn't the bar just use Wallys instead of Hopper Duos?" One reason I can think of would be to be able to hook up a couple of 4K Joeys to be able to show 4K games on the 4K TV's. For that matter, does Directv even have a stand-alone non-DVR receiver that can do 4K? You would think that Directv would also allow a similar setup with their equipment.

Good point. Dish even allows two Hopper Duos on commercial accounts, even though they do not allow that on residential accounts. You may ask, "Why wouldn't the bar just use Wallys instead of Hopper Duos?" One reason I can think of would be to be able to hook up a couple of 4K Joeys to be able to show 4K games on the 4K TV's. For that matter, does Directv even have a stand-alone non-DVR receiver that can do 4K? You would think that Directv would also allow a similar setup with their equipment.

The only way to get 4K with DirecTV is with a 4K client. Only one 4K client per regular Genie and the Genie 2 will support up to two 4K clients. And you can only have one Genie per account.

We've had to hook up a Genie and a 4K client to the same TV more than once for customers with only one TV who wanted 4K.

I would assume they don't install 13 Stand Alone HD Receivers, like 211's because of the number of 44 switches and for Wallys, great if you have those cool new splitters we've never seen, but then, they could just use a smart box

I would assume they don't install 13 Stand Alone HD Receivers, like 211's because of the number of 44 switches and for Wallys, great if you have those cool new splitters we've never seen, but then, they could just use a smart box

We've got the channel stack splitters and have actually used them a couple of time. So far, so good. :)

Isn't a smart box crazy expensive?

Given that Buffalo Wild Wings has an agreement with DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, every location should have DirecTV. Plus they actively promote the UFC, and probably wouldn't have been to appreciative a few years ago when Dish tried to pick a fight with the UFC. All of the chain places should have DirecTV. Applebees, Chili's, Famous Dave's, Dave & Busters, Quaker Stake, I've never seen any of the big chains with anything but DirecTV. I would think there's some type of corporate policy with most of these places instead of it being up to the individual franchise owner. The only chain place that I've been to that I can't verify is Jack Astor's which is a Canadian outfit that has their only US location here in Buffalo. All of the the local sports bars I've been to have DirecTV as well.

Besides for Muzak, and sleazy motels I know of a grand total of three places that have commercial Dish subscriptions. 1) The waiting room at my Ford dealership 2) one of the areas strip c uh 'Gentleman's establishments' and 3) A Vietnamese restaurant that I had to go to for work in my previous life.

Given that Buffalo Wild Wings has an agreement with DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, every location should have DirecTV. Plus they actively promote the UFC, and probably wouldn't have been to appreciative a few years ago when Dish tried to pick a fight with the UFC. All of the chain places should have DirecTV. Applebees, Chili's, Famous Dave's, Dave & Busters, Quaker Stake, I've never seen any of the big chains with anything but DirecTV. I would think there's some type of corporate policy with most of these places instead of it being up to the individual franchise owner. The only chain place that I've been to that I can't verify is Jack Astor's which is a Canadian outfit that has their only US location here in Buffalo. All of the the local sports bars I've been to have DirecTV as well.

Besides for Muzak, and sleazy motels I know of a grand total of three places that have commercial Dish subscriptions. 1) The waiting room at my Ford dealership 2) one of the areas strip c uh 'Gentleman's establishments' and 3) A Vietnamese restaurant that I had to go to for work in my previous life.

The Vietnamese restaurant likely has international programming.

What ford dealer do you go to.

You're in Buffalo!!?? I'm from Buffalo!!! Jack Astors is one of my favorite places. I was amazed and happy it was still open when I went home last year

The Native New yorker(Now Native bar and wings) in the valley here all have Dish and most times DTV. They do it for the sports... college is Dish and NFL is DTV.

You're in Buffalo!!?? I'm from Buffalo!!! Jack Astors is one of my favorite places. I was amazed and happy it was still open when I went home last year

The only time I go to the Walden Gonorrhea these days is for Jack Astors. I park as close as I can to the entrance of the mall as I can, and go in to eat and leave. That mall scares me, especially when the sun goes down. I do not feel safe there and I do not believe they support CCW so I will never patronize that establishment outside of Jack Astor’s for fear of my own safety. Ever since 2009 when I was present for a pretty scary incident at the Target next door, I am very vigilant when in that area. It’s undeniable that Buffalo is the armpit of the state and being so close to the East Side it’s even worse. Plus it’s apparent that Pyramid Corp, the owners don’t care about mall safety as every few years they seem to have a spat with the Cheektowaga PD about patrolling the mall. Those heroes deserve $100 bucks an hour to risk their lives to patrol that dump. I can’t believe our Chick Fil A will be across the street, I will go there for that, but only in the daylight hours.

The Vietnamese restaurant likely has international programming.

What ford dealer do you go to.

Yes, it was probably for international programming.

The Ford dealer I frequent DeLacy Ford. Whether or not they still have an active subscription I have no idea. For the past few years I drop my car off the previous night so they have my car all day the following day so I don't have to wait around for it. When I used to wait for it they had one of the non DVRs mounted to the back of the TV, and the guy at the parts counter was in charge of the remote.

The only time I go to the Walden Gonorrhea these days is for Jack Astors. I park as close as I can to the entrance of the mall as I can, and go in to eat and leave. That mall scares me, especially when the sun goes down. I do not feel safe there and I do not believe they support CCW so I will never patronize that establishment outside of Jack Astor’s for fear of my own safety. Ever since 2009 when I was present for a pretty scary incident at the Target next door, I am very vigilant when in that area. It’s undeniable that Buffalo is the armpit of the state and being so close to the East Side it’s even worse. Plus it’s apparent that Pyramid Corp, the owners don’t care about mall safety as every few years they seem to have a spat with the Cheektowaga PD about patrolling the mall. Those heroes deserve $100 bucks an hour to risk their lives to patrol that dump. I can’t believe our Chick Fil A will be across the street, I will go there for that, but only in the daylight hours.

I've been to that mall many times and have never felt unsafe there. Ever. And if you hate the Buffalo area and NYS THAT much and are that fearful/scared of being here, then leave. It's pretty simple. Yeesh!

Reactions: HipKat
As I told you before, I have every intention of leaving the second worst state in the Nation once my family starts to pass. I'm looking at West Virginia, Kentucky or the Carolina's, I have no desire to suffocate here for the rest of my life.

Reactions: pattykay
As I told you before, I have every intention of leaving the second worst state in the Nation once my family starts to pass. I'm looking at West Virginia, Kentucky or the Carolina's, I have no desire to suffocate here for the rest of my life.
The wife and I are talking about a relocation from AZ to Virginia. We do not know anybody there, I know nothing about the state, and I want to be within driving distance of DC. To be honest, I want to be close to my friend in Arlington.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)