How do I get a NFL remote without getting Sunday Ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't know they restricted those to people who had subscribed to the Sunday Ticket. If they're still in stock I plan on purchasing one for my dad; what team were you interested in?

I guess I was wrong, anyone can get them. I tried to order one but it won't go through.

I want the Detroit Lions one. I'm guessing they're no where near being sold out, so I don't know what the problem is :(

I guess I was wrong, anyone can get them. I tried to order one but it won't go through.

I want the Detroit Lions one. I'm guessing they're no where near being sold out, so I don't know what the problem is :(

Did you try calling them for the remote or just online? We had a member try to get one in Hawaii & the website wouldn't let him order one because they don't have a team. He called & talked to a manager & finally got one.

no but I don't see why it would matter where you live, aren't they a national service?

Agreed, I'm just relaying the story. Give them a call this morning & see if you can get one; if it doesn't work for you I will get it for you when I order mine tonight. :p

P.S. I might be a little embarrassed ordering a Detroit Lions remote :rolleyes:

I spent two years outside Detroit in Waterford.

dont be embarassed, wear your Honululu Blue and Silver proudly!

I've been going to alot of games this season and the only reason they dont like to score is so they dont have to hear that awful fight song.

Just sent them an email.

I don't think they've scored that many in a game this year but ya they got that deal with Buddy's pizza still. 14 points = 1/2 off, i know that.

I ordered one for my son (he's a Jet fan) by going to DirecTV website, typing in "NFL remotes"in ifo window. Placed an order and it arrived within 5 days. He'll get it for Christmas.:)

no but I dont see why it would matter where you live, aren't they a national service?

Hawai has special equipment to receive Directv. Therefore we are not permitted to order any "equipment" online. I tried to order the NFL remote via the Direct site. I was rejected and the site indicated I needed to call a CSR.

I called the CSR and the person I talked with told me that I needed to order the remote via the internet site.

I finally emailed the customer service section and explained the problem. They emailed me back with the customary "we will contact you within 24 hours".

They did contact me and after I expalined the problem to them, they sent me the remote I was asking for.

I do not know if there are any other geographical areas where ordering online is not permitted.

Edit: I do not subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket.

I asked the customer service rep to consider changing the web site so that promotional items could be purchased by Hawaii folks and that way, Directv could keep the restrictions on the "technical" equipment.

Last edited:
I don't see why they wouldn't let you get one. They'd be hurting themselves if they forced a NFL ST subscription, especially in this economy. I was thinking of getting one of those, but when I saw the price I vetoed the decision. This late in the season, it doesn't make sense for anyone to order ST but I know they definitely don't want a bunch of leftover remotes hanging around.

dont be embarassed, wear your Honululu Blue and Silver proudly!

I've been going to alot of games this season and the only reason they dont like to score is so they dont have to hear that awful fight song.

I am a Dallas fan living in Grand Rapids. I totally agree, i only go when the Lions play Dallas and that fight song is ridiculous!

Status
Please reply by conversation.