How do i order Directv from canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was looking at another thread on this site about getting Direct TV in Canada and somebody posted a link to this store to buy the equipment:

Can-Am Satellites Online Store

Taken from their website:

Apparently it is illegal. :p

If you install the dish yourself, and know somebody in the states and use their address I doubt you will every get in trouble or they will ever catch on to you!!!! If you go through some major illegal installer of this stuff, yeah, you will get caught and your account terminated. Just do it on the down low and you will be fine!!!!

I was looking at another thread on this site about getting Direct TV in Canada and somebody posted a link to this store to buy the equipment:

Can-Am Satellites Online Store

Taken from their website:

Apparently it is illegal. :p

Was the RCMP or some local police force involved? Maybe. Will there be charges? Unlikely. Was Bell involved in some capacity? I'll bet "yes."

For those of you debating and living in the letter of the law on this side of the border, I'd still like to meet the individual in Canada who's been charged and prosecuted for the "crime" of paying a foreign company for entertainment services. (Hint - they don't exist.)

i have my own directv account and have had it for years, about a year before the HU cards went down.

i didn't need an SSN, obviously.

nobody helped me set up and my monthly payment comes off my credit card.

i don't "account split", just for the record.

i have my own directv account and have had it for years, about a year before the HU cards went down.

And another thing. Get a Vonage US telephone account and number. You will then never have any problems calling the 800 number for DirecTV. Also unlimited long distance calls to Canada and all the phone features for much less than any Canadian phone service.

I am in saskatchewan and was with Can am til they got busted. Now I need to get my reciever going again.

What did you use for an american address?

Four pages on how to violate D*s TOS? Why hasn't this thread been closed? Illegal or not, it's against D*s policies, and that should be reason enough not to have this discussion at this site.

Four pages on how to violate D*s TOS? Why hasn't this thread been closed? Illegal or not, it's against D*s policies, and that should be reason enough not to have this discussion at this site.

give it a rest, toober. were paying for the service, just like you.

why don't you find something to do for cryin out loud. :rolleyes:

I understand both sides of the "we should" or "we shouldn't" talk about Canadian subscriptions. Consider this: if Directv knows that it is talked about and has tacit approval here, how will they react? Maybe that's one reason why dbstalk has a better relationship with Directv than we do here. They allow no talk about illegal subscriptions whereas we do here. Just food for thought.

Seems to me that if D* can't legally sell it's product in Canada, and people can't legally buy thier product in Canada, then it must be illegal in Canada. If it's illegal, it's piracy. If it's piracy, it violates the rules of this site. Is this really that far removed from buying a hacked card from someone? I mean, you are paying for it.

I think there are some things you arent allowed to do with DBS service that in the end dont harm anyone. In think if everyone gets paid, I dont see the harm. (same with "moving"). I do think it is a bad idea to discuss this in a public forum. If for no other reason, not to draw too much attention to it. Not to mention, we dont need the good folks who run this place to get into trouble.

They are paying customers using a false or alternate address. It is no different from 'moving'.

We allow the discussion here as long as they intend to be a paying customer. We have an entire section for users wanting Canadian systems in the US. It goes both ways.

BTW, calling this piracy is quite a stretch.

While on the topic of Canadian subs, what are fellow Canadians getting for signals on 99(c)...

I am getting really low signals despite high 80s and 90s on 103(c)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts