How do you deal with snow

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gordy, I feel for ya man....Florida sounds nice. So far this year very little snow here. Yesterday winds around 50 miles an hour though. I was curious how the 6 footer would handle the wind. Pushed the button on the Gbox and it moved flawlessly. My little Primestar got knocked out of line somehow. Guess I'll look at it tonight it should be around 20 degrees this afternoon. The old Paraclipse was swaying a little but the picture on 95W stayed locked in. I don't want to have to go out and clean off the ice and snow from the dishes like I did last year. Spring is only a few months away lol... Blind

Gordy, I feel for ya man....Florida sounds nice. So far this year very little snow here. Yesterday winds around 50 miles an hour though. I was curious how the 6 footer would handle the wind. Pushed the button on the Gbox and it moved flawlessly. My little Primestar got knocked out of line somehow. Guess I'll look at it tonight it should be around 20 degrees this afternoon. The old Paraclipse was swaying a little but the picture on 95W stayed locked in. I don't want to have to go out and clean off the ice and snow from the dishes like I did last year. Spring is only a few months away lol... Blind

One thing about this winter weather, it makes you appreciate spring and summer that much more!

I must have picked a really good spot for my dish. My car was buried in snow, but I can still see the grass below my dish. The 1.2 M GeoSat Pro dish and the DG-380 motor are doing nicely through this winter storm. It's not as cold here as it is for Cadsulfide. He's up there in ND and -20! We only got down around -5 to -10 at the worst. It got a little windy, but not as bad here as they predicted.

Still, the dish and motor kept on working just fine! :)

I'd still rather be in FLA, though!

Gordy

All my dishes are on the south side of the shelterbelt, and mostly protected from the prevailing NW winds and snow. I must be lucky, as I've yet to have any snow related trouble, although two winters ago a tree fell and crushed a Superdish in the lineup. Winter is when the advantages of an array really shine...no frozen motors and near instant channel changes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts