How do you mount invacom lnb to BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aloha6952

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I have 10' wineguard dish and I am wondering how to mount invacom qph031 lnb and how far away from center of dish should it be and wheth this will work to get FTA channels?

Thanks in advace

ok a QPF-031 is a offset dish lnbf the 10 ft dish is a prime focus
with that being said the best option is to use a QPF-031 ( or any c-120 flanged lnb) with the add on feedhorn (adf-120) and it should work great ( at the center of the dish) but of course this method isn't the cheapest)

the QPF -031 will work but probably won't get the best signals ... probably average signal quality.... you can check out our sponsors they also have some ku lnbfs for prime focus dishes.

also from what i've seen , some of the folks here just cut a section out of the side of the current scaler and slide the lnbf into the slot and secure it.

alternative

You may pay over $100 for the QPF and the 120 horn.
Here's a $20 solution.
Haven't seen it reviewed yet, but I'd sure as heck try the cheap one before I'd lay down a hundred!

You may pay over $100 for the QPF and the 120 horn.
Here's a $20 solution.
Haven't seen it reviewed yet, but I'd sure as heck try the cheap one before I'd lay down a hundred!

The specs on that lnb are contradictory. It says it is a prime focus but also says it has a f/D of 0.5-0.7 (which would be offset). It also says 11.7-12.75 GHz at the top then 11.7-12.2 GHz in the specs. It does look like it should be for a prime focus judging from the scaler ring though.
Has any one tried one of these?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)