How do you wire V-Box and 2 motors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johann12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
NC, USA
I have currently a 7 1/2 foot C band dish set up that is moved with an V-Box 7 and an Openbox 10.
I also have a stationary ku turbo dish that dish network left behind with an linear Lnb pointed at 97 w, which I like to be able to move also.

My first thought was that I mount the turbo dish on the c band dish, but it would be hard to do so, but doable.
In this case all I would need is a diseq switch. I understand that.

My 2nd thought was that I buy a motor for the ku turbo dish and I think that would be easy to install and adjust.
Is it easy to install and adjust the ku motor?
How would I wire or setup the 2nd motor to the V-Box/Openbox 10 ?
How accurate would a motor be for it?
What kind of motor do I need and can you give links.
I rather pay a little more now and do it right than having problems down the road.
Thank you.
....Johann....

Receiver--coax--VBo:mad:DISEQC)---Ku motor(USALS)---Diseqc switch---lnbf's
Or:

Attachments

• Ku_back.jpg
    Ku_back.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 195
And, ya know, it 'was' only going to be temporary(until I got a motor) but it works so well I'm not going to change a thing. Here's the rest of the 'family'.

Attachments

• 2010FirstSnow.jpg
    2010FirstSnow.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 222
Back to the OP. I would ditch the Turbo dish. You got it working on 97W but you will be very disappointed with the poor performance after you motorize it. And all the channels you won't see with it. It's too small and still a real chore to put on a motor. But then, I've put together stuff that I knew wouldn't work good just to see for myself. All part of enjoying the hobby. :)

I would use the Vbox as a stand alone, C-band positioner, rather than hooking it into the receiver. This means an extra remote. I would set all C-band satellite menus to "USALS off". I would use a 4x4 22khz switch, with Ku set to 22 khz "on" and Cband set to 22 khz "off".

I would get and install a Ku dish motor and, in your receiver, set correct latitude and longitude for your location. USALS and 22 Khz "on" for all Ku.

I think that would work. Maybe

Receiver--coax--VBo:mad:DISEQC)---Ku motor(USALS)---Diseqc switch---lnbf's
Or:

So, if I understand this right.
From receiver to V-box,
From V-box to diseq switch.
From diseq to c-band dish.
Also from same disq to Ku -motor.

Set receiver for c-band use to diseq at antenna setup screen.
Set receiver for ku-band to usals at antenna setup screen.

Thanks for the pictures and comment.
I had something like that in mind.
Pictuere #2, the thing that looks like a shock absorber, is this an manual adjuster or something else ?

Almost: Go from receiver to V-Box
then to Ku-Motor
then to Switch
then from one port on switch to C-band LNB
then other port to Ku-Band LNB

Back to the OP. I would ditch the Turbo dish. You got it working on 97W but you will be very disappointed with the poor performance after you motorize it. And all the channels you won't see with it. It's too small and still a real chore to put on a motor. But then, I've put together stuff that I knew wouldn't work good just to see for myself. All part of enjoying the hobby. :)
Right now I get all the channels on97w with ease. Do you think that would change a lot with an motorized system?

Almost: Go from receiver to V-Box
then to Ku-Motor
then to Switch
then from one port on switch to C-band LNB
then other port to Ku-Band LNB

OoHHH, I got it know.
Did I do the setting in the receiver right?
Thank you.

Yes you have the motor setting right in the receiver.

I would go with a different dish if your going motorized like Magic said. I tried doing it with a super-dish and even though I got it to work, you would have to do so many modifications to get it to work. Then it will not do as good as one of these from SatelliteAV:
36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF 890963002636 | eBay

This dish is the best I have ever found at this size (36")and a great price too.

I would go with a different dish if your going motorized like Magic said. I tried doing it with a super-dish and even though I got it to work, you would have to do so many modifications to get it to work. Then it will not do as good as one of these from SatelliteAV:
36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF 890963002636 | eBay

This dish is the best I have ever found at this size (36")and a great price too.

Now ,we are talking. My idea was get something like that in the near future. I have been looking for something close to a 1 meter/ 39 inches without getting killed paying for shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts