How Does an Answered Question Show "Answered"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
I have seen the "Tag" answered a few times - just wondering how it is done.
Bob

I not 100% sure but I think the thread starter only can pick which reply is best. Also I seem to remember Scott mentioned only certain forums have this feature turned on. I'm curious about this feature also.

I was also wondering this and I had looked for it too. I had picked a post as best answer but unsure where the thread went to see if it then carried the "Answered" tag.

I have reviewed this video - and I don't see the option on my page to click "Best Answer" It shows highlighting a comment number and then clicking "best answer"

What am I missing????
Bob

This forum is monitored by the FCC, Homeland Security, IRS, FBI, Department of Agriculture, Small Animal Administration and several other government agencies. Once a week, reps from all these agencies meet for breakfast at the Denny's on Bladensburge Road in DC. Those in attendance pick the threads that deserve a "Best Answer" notation. Some weeks there is no best answer because these government people are tough to please.

I started this thread - I don't see the option. I have "like", "quote", "reply" but no "best answer"
Bob

That's strange. I just looked at a couple of more threads that I'd started and at the bottom of other peoples posts within the thread I have: Report and Best Answer on the bottom left, Like/Unlike, Quote and Reply on the bottom right.

If I've already clicked on Best Answer then there's an option for Unmark Best Answer instead of Best Answer.

Under preferences/browsing preferences, I'm using the default, Satelliteguys [fluid]. Is that the one you're using?

I have "report" but no "best answer" on left. I am using the default, satellite guys [fluid]. ?????

I have now tried three different browsers, Chrome, Firefox, IE --same thing.
Bob

I have now tried three different browsers, Chrome, Firefox, IE --same thing.
Bob

I'm using Firefox 32.0.3, Windows 7, on this machine. best Answer shows up on my Ubuntu machine too and a Vista comp I have here, all using Firefox. I looked through all the settings in my preferences, etc and didn't see anything that looked like it might have anything to do with Best Answer. Don't know, if I happen to stumble across something, I'll post it up.

I just went and checked through some more threads that I'd started and it's Like Beavs2112 said earlier, not all the forums have it. In the C Band Satellite Discussion, FTA Receiver Support, Free To Air [FTA] Discussion forums, it shows the Best Answer option in threads that I started. In the What's Up There, Chit Chat Club and Charter cable forums, it doesn't show the Best Answer option in any of my threads I started.

Maybe start a thread in the C Band Satellite Discussion, FTA Receiver Support or Free To Air [FTA] Discussion forum and see if it gives you the option or not? Maybe this one we're in right now [The FTA Shack] doesn't have it enabled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)