How long do your movies take to arrive in the mail?

jfkittredge

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Tucson, AZ
How long does it take, on average, from the time when you get the email notifying you that a movie is on the way to when it ends up in your mailbox? For me, the average seems to be about 4-5 business days.

Before people jump all over me, this is not a complaint thread. I'm purely curious as to whether or not this is a pretty standard time, or if I live in a weird postal service dead zone. Netflix used to take one day, but they had a shipping facility in Phoenix (I'm in Tucson).

Almost always 3 days, once in a while 2. I live about an hour away from both the BB and NF distribution centers. NF (when I had it) almost always was one day. :confused:

Example: BB sends an email that they received my return on Monday. If I'm lucky I'll get another email saying they shipped the next disc the same day (Monday). I don't receive it until Thursday. NO WAY it was mailed until at least Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Ed

BTW, the distribution center is about an hour drive away......

Any where from next day to four days. I think the ones that aren't next day are being shipped from another location instead of Seattle (for me). Netflix was always next day & they came from Tacoma. I'm about halfway between Seattle & Tacoma.

I must be lucky. I almost always get mine the next day after being shipped to me. I'm about 120 miles from the Minneapolis distribution center. They must be good there, because I always get an email that they received my movie, and another email the same day a short time later saying they shipped my next movie. The next day it is usually in my mailbox.

4 days out, 4 days back. Raleigh, NC ... but if they have a place in Richmond and I believe another Charlotte, I can't imagine why it's taking so long.

With Netflix it's 1 day out, 1-2 days back. Once I got a movie the day after I mailed one out, I'm still scratching my head over that one. Also, one of my movies had to come across the country so they sent me another movie in my queue while I was waiting so I ended up with 2 movies out.

I'm in Raleigh, NC also...and my movies are coming from Charlotte, NC it appears. A few times I've gotten one day shipping (received disc on Tuesday when dropping off the in-store exchange over the weekend...usually Sunday). So I imagine in that case they ship Monday and I get it Tuesday. However, most of the time in that scenario I get the disc on Wednesday, so two day shipping seems to be the norm for me.

Netflix would get the disc to me in one day pretty much every time. However, the in-store exchange allows me 2 discs per shipment and since I'm less than 5 minutes from a BB store...I get more discs using BB than Netflix.

We just did one so far. Ordered it on Friday evening, got email of anticipated Tuesday arrival. The disc was here Monday! :eek: :D

Eight days turnaround! :confused: Coming from Phoenix, AZ and I live in BFE central New Mexico. Just dropped my latest in the mail today (Nov. 17), not expecting the next one till Nov.28, because of the holiday. And I have the 922 so this is my only BBMP use, ~45 DVD's a year at this pace assuming my turnaround is 1 day.

From the time I get the e-mail, it takes 4 days for the disc to arrive on average. Sometimes it takes 4 days for them to receive discs that I return. My distribution center is a 3 hour drive away. Letters sent from there generally arrive in 1 or 2 days. Netflix was much faster. Sometimes next-day turn around from the same distribution area.

BB Must Greatly Improve Its DVD Turnaround Time

On 11/7 I returned a DVD to BB.

On 11/8, I received an email from BB saying that they had received the DVD and would ship the next one, and it should arrive on 11/9.

On 11/12, the DVD arrived.

The distribution center is about 100 miles away.

With Netflix, if I were to return a DVD on 11/7, I would receive the next DVD on 11/9.

I would like to dump Netflix and go with BB's 3-at-a-time plan because it would save me money, but I won't do that until BB improves its turnaround time to a point where it is the same as Netflix's. Also, BB's DVD selection website is very primitive and unfriendly when compared to Netflix's; hopefully that is just due to growing pains, and BB will improve their website.

If I drop off in store 1 day. 2 days, by mail. I send back by my out side mail box. Country style box lift flag, mailman takes mail. Funny thing my home town mail is slow but the movies get here pretty quick. Netflicks was fast. Really 1 day. Strange how everybody seems to have such a difference. For me 1 day difference is not a deal breaker. Works well Blue-Ray is the nicest thing. :)

Slow in Atlanta. With Netflix, I would return the movie Mon and get the next one by Wed. With BB, it takes at least 2 more days (Fri/Sat). :(

What is wrong with the service?
I sent the movie back like 2 weeks ago. By Tuesday I haven't received confirmation that they got it, so I use the "Report a Problem" and they were supposed to send me the next movie in my queue but as today haven't received the mail saying that it was shipped :mad:

Live in Colorado Springs, the distribution center is in Denver (approx 65 miles). They always get my return the next day but it always takes 2-3 days to receive a new one. I wonder if they really send it out the day they say. Netflix was always one day in each direction - I send it in on monday and receive a new one on wednesday. Since BlockBuster doesn't process and ship on saturday it adds to the late frustration. I'm thinking about going back to Netflix because of the faster service. The other negative thing about BlockBuster is you usually don't get the next disk in your queue even though it says it is available - you might get one that is several down in the queue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts