How many people are happy with Blockbuster @ Home?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Never try the one from Dish Network. But, the online rental was terrible.

It took more than a month to get new movies. They could have give it to me, but give me something old.

They ship movies with available slots 1 today, 1 tomorrow another one the next next day when all movies are available.

Had it and went onto Netflix.

I find BB@H is usually slower to ship than Netflix but getting Blu-Ray for no extra charge helps make up for it. I've been watching old TV series on DVD & wish that I could stream them to my DVR. I've tried watching on my Mac, but I'd rather wait for a DVD.

If the next DVD wasn't available at the local shipping facility, Netflix would always send the next one available & have the "missing" one sent as an extra from where ever it was available. Netflix was always a 2-day turnaround - send one back, they got it the next day & shipped the next one that same day & I got it the following day. I've had BB take up to four days from the time I got the e-mail.

I have my Netflix account on hold for now but I doubt I'll cancel it entirely, I'll probably go down to one DVD at a time & no streaming.

I already had the Platinum pack and was using netflix. dropped netflix and started using the BB for DVDs, never use the streaming on the 722. glad to have this service and save about $10/month from what i had been paying. The only problem i have had was two cracked disks and sometimes a day later than netflix. The BB@H pack is well worth it just for the channels and you get discs by mail and streaming for free is how i look at it!

Just can't justify keeping it any longer. Many of the movies I wanted in my queue were always long wait or they shipped some lesser one instead. I got very few blu-rays at all. As for the streaming feature over the receiver, it sucked to me. Not good selection and hard to find anything. As for the plat pack channels, I only watched the Epix channels and the rest were very seldom watched. I still have Netflix and use it only for streaming. That still works great and for $8.65 with tax included , I think it is a bargain.

I'm fine with it, but I was already fine with paying the $10 for the Platinum channels. Those didn't go away and I get free disc rental in the mail, no problem with that. It's a bit slow sometimes but who cares, I'm not paying any more.

Platinum channels - happy
Streaming - It's ok, needs work, might download 2 free movies a month
Discs by mail - Horrible, bad, worthless. Was good until Dish took over. New release blurays are impossible to get. I would drop Discs by mail if they cut my $10/mo charge in half.

I cancelled bbmp today the disc in the mail were getting longer and longer and thats not good service.wish you could keep the channels and not use bbmp but once you put disc in queue even if you empty your queue they keep sending them which is wrong imo :)

I cancelled bbmp today the disc in the mail were getting longer and longer and thats not good service.wish you could keep the channels and not use bbmp but once you put disc in queue even if you empty your queue they keep sending them which is wrong imo :)

Ok, you got to explain that one. :) You like the channels, but cancelled them because they keep sending discs that you do want, but that that take longer receive than you would like.. Those discs cost you nothing, if you don't want them when they come send them back.

Ok, you got to explain that one. :) You like the channels, but cancelled them because they keep sending discs that you do want, but that that take longer receive than you would like.. Those discs cost you nothing, if you don't want them when they come send them back.

Yeah, that totally makes no sense at all. :what:facepalm

Guess that just proves what has been said over and over, some people are just not happy unless they are complaining.

I ship discs back on Monday and have new ones in my mailbox on Wednesday (ok, to be fair, one of them once came on Thursday) so can't get much quicker than that IMO. I've enjoyed the BB by mail and don't have any plans on cancelling any time soon.

It took a full week to get a dvd to me . If I sent one back on Sunday night, it took till Friday or Saturday before they sent another one. A full 5 - 7 day turn around. That is just to slow to wait for a dvd. I could got to Redbox up the street and pay $5.00 and get 5 movies at a time, and they would be the lastest releases. I think the entire idea of Blockbuster dvds by mail is so 10 years ago. Streaming is where it's at now. IF DISH wanted to really compete with anyone they would go with Streaming and it would be the latest releases. Even Netflix doesn't stream the latest releases.

For us, they ship the discs very quickly. So far no problems with damaged/scratched discs either. When we send one back we get the next one like 3 days later. Since we mostly only watch movies on like Friday or Saturday nights, it works out real good, especially since it comes at the same price we've been paying for our Dish TV service all along. (We also have Netflix streaming.) :)

The title's "home" location has a lot to do with it. With newer releases, I had sent them back to a center right here in Indy and turnaround was lightning fast. But, I have been getting all the seasons of Deadwood recently, and the returns go to Charlotte, NC, which obviously slows down the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)