How much does the NFL pack cost?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ricknau

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
The Directv website says they'll post the price when it gets closer to football season. But how much has it cost in the past? Do they show about 5 or 6 games a week? They're claiming all will be in HD. Man that sounds good. Football is awesome in HD!

Last year the early bird price was 200 for the season while customers who had ST last year got the renewel price of 180 for the season. All NFL games on Sunday from Fox and CBS are shown on NFL ST in SDTV. Last season Fox did upto 6 games per week in HDTV (they say upto because some weeks they have less than six total games so they did them all while other weeks they had 7 or 8 games so they only did 6 of those 7 or 8 games). CBS did 3 games per week last year.

Also I'm hearing rumors that new NFL ST pricing will occur this year and this is what I'm hearing.

They will have two packages one called basic and one called something like enhanced.

The basic will include only the SDTV games and nothing else and that will cost around 160 per season for early bird.

Now their advanced ST package will include all the SDTV games plus HDTV games and all interactive features of Sunday Ticket and is expected to cost the same as last year.

Also be aware like others said that any games shown on your local CBS and Fox will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket which means you have to watch them in SD via OTA antenna or a D* locals package and for HD customers have to use an OTA antenna to watch them until DirecTV starts to carry your local HD channels.

For example where I live in the Tampa Bay Area all the games on my local CBS and Fox will be watched via the new Spaceway sats without using an antenna.

The bottom line is that as long as you can get your local Fox and CBS stations in both SD and HD you won't miss anything. DirecTV just forces you to watch them on your local channels now but you still get them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)