How to change polarity manually?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hazelwood

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
I have a Chaparral feed horn that controls the polarity of the LNB with a servo motor and the motor is bad.
I'm switching to a voltage controlled LNB but I'd like to switch it from H to V in the meantime.
I've taken the old servo motor off and there's a shaft there.
Does anyone know which way and how far to turn the shaft to switch polarity?

Same thing happened to me. I took off the motor and sealed up the outside with a blob of butyl rubber that remains plastic to hold the sensor in a fixed position and stop water from getting inside. With the shaft fixed I peaked the lnb and marked the outside of the lnb and the scalar ring so that I could reposition it quickly after adjusting. I now use that lnb for a satellite where I am only interested in one polarity. Works great.

Same thing happened to me. I took off the motor and sealed up the outside with a blob of butyl rubber that remains plastic to hold the sensor in a fixed position and stop water from getting inside. With the shaft fixed I peaked the lnb and marked the outside of the lnb and the scalar ring so that I could reposition it quickly after adjusting. I now use that lnb for a satellite where I am only interested in one polarity. Works great.

Good idea.
I'm using a cordless drill to move it until my V-box comes in.
Just want to watch galaxy 11 V tomorrow and Sunday and I have it set on H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts