How to copy folders or files between different multiboot images? Edision OS MIO 4k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
If I'm booted into an image on slot2, I can see the folder structure on that image I'm booted on through the network. IF I wanted to copy a folder or file FROM that image, to the image in slot1, how can I do that?

This is on an Edision OS MIO 4k receiver. I have slightly different rev versions of SatDreamGR in slot1 and slot2, OpenVix in slot3, and OpenPLI 7.0 in slot 4.

Does anybody know how to do this?

From within Windows, I would think you could navigate to the file folder containing the file you want, right click on it, COPY the file, reboot to the destination image, open the destination folder, then PASTE that file. You don't want to "move" it from the old image because then it would be missing.

From within Windows, I would think you could navigate to the file folder containing the file you want, right click on it, COPY the file, reboot to the destination image, open the destination folder, then PASTE that file. You don't want to "move" it from the old image because then it would be missing.

I agree that would likely work. Except in a case such as this where the folder is the one needed to actually completely BOOT on the image in slot1. I can no longer boot to that image due to this issue, and it doesn't go far enough on that slot to appear on the network. The folder is called init.d

I figure as a last resort I could just reflash that slot from scratch, but I'm hoping I don't have to go that far. IF I can find a way to copy this folder, I think I'll be fine.

This is correct, if you have windows, go to the whatever it's called in the left/lower corner, the box to type a Search with
enter backslash, backslash, ip address of your receiver, backslash, root
it would look similar to this
\\10.0.0.8\root
that should bring up the files from your receiver
then do as CN says
Good Luck..!!!

Al

EDIT:
This would be for the image you are in/on
If you can't get into the image you want to fix, it's likely not going to work?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
This is correct, if you have windows, go to the whatever it's called in the left/lower corner, the box to type a Search with
enter backslash, backslash, ip address of your receiver, backslash, root
it would look similar to this
\\10.0.0.8\root
that should bring up the files from your receiver
then do as CN says
Good Luck..!!!

Al

See my post reply above to CN. Any other ways?

Here's how to do this per Megatron817 at LegitFTA:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mount slot1 while booted in slot2
With PuTTY type:

mkdir /media/slot1
mount /dev/mmcblk1p3 /media/slot1

Then use FTP and goto media folder and see if slot1 is there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't get that info in time, and actually ended up basically recovering from re-flashing the image in slot1, and then just copying over a saved copy of my Enigma2 folder I had previously saved.

Once I rebooted from doing that, I was back up and running in slot1.

IF I had done a more recent backup and kept proper track on which thumbdrive had it, I would have been better off. ALWAYS have a good backup!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts