How to get a HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You mean its not slow to respond, Like most of the complaints about the Hr20,21,22,23.;)

My HR 20 is not slow to respond, not as fast as the HR24, but not nearly as slow as the HR21-23's appear to be.

I also don't have 3/4 of my HD filled, some do and that may slow them down.

MY HR20-700's were all faster than the HR21-23's then the HR24's came out and they worked faster yet.

I NEVER invested in the then newer HR21-23's , .
OK ??:confused: How do you know your Hr20 is faster then the 21-23, Is that just based on hear say?

I'm confused because your 2 statments above are conflicting.

But anyway, the HR21 is the worst, Hr 22 some claim the HD PQ is soft, Can't say I noticed , HR 22 and 23 are about the same speed. Infact my Hr23 got slower since the last national release IMO.
Thought about bringing my HR20 home to use. I still might.

My HR 20 is not slow to respond, not as fast as the HR24, but not nearly as slow as the HR21-23's appear to be.

I also don't have 3/4 of my HD filled, some do and that may slow them down.
OK so then what do you mean the remote works better????
Last I checked the remotes are the same. No??

OK ??:confused: How do you know your Hr20 is faster then the 21-23, Is that just based on hear say?

But anyway, the HR21 is the worst, Hr 22 some claim the HD PQ is soft, Can't say I noticed , HR 22 and 23 are about the same speed. Infact my Hr23 got slower since the last national release IMO.

Going by the 1000's of post talking about the HR21-23's.

The remote work better than the older units, newer processor I'm sure has something to do with it.

When you do CE's every week, you WILL have issues from time to time.
Remember thats the purpose of the CE's.

The remote work better than the older units, newer processor I'm sure has something to do with it.

Exactly my point.

The remote works better because the HR 24 is a better receiver.

Its not the remote, Most of the issues with the older HR, are slow remote response. It obvious you have noticed this.:)

Its not the remote that works better its your receiver.

Exactly my point.

The remote works better because the HR 24 is a better receiver.

Its not the remote, Most of the issues with the older HR, are slow remote response. It obvious you have noticed this.:)

Its not the remote that works better its your receiver.
Hence the new PROCESSOR !

Just took a quick peek through the Direct TV forums on their website specifically in the the installers forum section.

They are just as frustrated about this whole DVR mess as we are. Basically, they are pissed for direct not taking into account supply and demand before launching a new product. They would much rather install and newer HR24 than the older ones as well.

One person said that Direct is pushing them to install the older ones as much as possible. They are starting to have large backlog of outstanding orders while they are waiting for the new receivers to come in.

Hopefully, I won't be one of the backlogs.

I've also had dislike for D* especially because of upfront lease fees AND commitments. It should be one or the other. Why should they advertise media share and MRV but charge me $100 for 2 HD receivers, and then I get 2 H20s. Is is a terrible business model, and one of the reasons I stayed away from D* for so long. If I had never moved, I would have never gone to D* for this reason.

from my experience yes my HR20-700 is faster than that pos hr21 i had.

well thats a weird one. i experimented with this and for whatever reason the remote that came with the HR24 helped the HR21 work better :confused:. yes i know its weird but i tested this a for a week before i sent back the HR21.the HR21 worked noticeably faster with the HR24 remote. yet not as great as the HR24 works but much better. and the remote that came with the HR24 has a different model # too. check it out for yourself.the HR24 also works even better with the remote it came with compared to my harmony 880 remote. go figure!

Just for clarification, the 20's had a particular broadcom chipset and the 21/22/23 used a similar but different one. The one in the 20's had faster memory access times and made the 20's faster than any model until the 24's. How fast depended on what you were doing, but 10-15% isnt an unreasonable number. The chipset used in the 21/22/23 was cheaper.

The chipset in the 24's is a completely different vendor and architecture, but its at least 50% faster than the broadcoms in the earlier HR's.

This discussion is similar to many I've had where you have people who are very light users of the dvr who swear it has no problems and isnt slow, and heavy users of the dvr who have lots of problems and hate the slow, inconsistent user interface. IIRC, Jimbo has something like a handful of series links, watches a lot of live tv, and rarely fills up much of his disk. He's a lot less likely to have problems than I do where I have two boxes with 50 SL's each including autorecord wishlists, do MRV constantly, almost never watch live tv, and have a pair of >1TB drives that are at least 50-75% full all the time.

Someone who drives ~3 miles a day to the corner store and back will have a different driving experience from someone who puts in 300 miles a day on the autobahn. Its just that simple.

Usually at this point in the strawman debates, someone will call me out for watching tv too much or overusing the dvr even though that has nothing to do with the discussion. It makes for a nice diversion from the facts.

In the case of this topic, the longer I think about it the more amusing it gets. "Our system wont let you get the product that actually works properly, so quit asking for it and go piss off!". Pretty humorous when you get right down to it. I'd like to see the energy channeled into "How can we get the good product into the hands of the customers who want it?".

Its a case where the customer has become a barely necessary evil that shouldnt cause any more problems for the service provider than necessary.

I think any company that showcases their DVRs should give new ones to customers anytime they sign a contract or pay a full premium for them. Just like cell phone companies I expect a brand new phone when I sign my contract or extend it. But cell phone companies also offer refurb phones for new contracts, but for a discounted price. Maybe D* could entice people by giving them a small discount for an "older" model or refurb equipment. Some people love getting a good deal vs. high end equipment. When my installer showed up with a refurb receiver I didn't want it and apologetically turned him away. He agreed with my decision and my local retailer is more than happy to order the receivers I asked them for.

It's a shame that D* doesn't organize inventory better for dealers to coordinate who gets what model, refurb, etc. When I signed up for E* two years ago I knew exactly what models I would get, but that was also a local retailer. Anyone who wants a specific model should go through a retailer or independent online shop. For those who don't care, order via phone or website.

Just for clarification, the 20's had a particular broadcom chipset and the 21/22/23 used a similar but different one. The one in the 20's had faster memory access times and made the 20's faster than any model until the 24's. How fast depended on what you were doing, but 10-15% isnt an unreasonable number. The chipset used in the 21/22/23 was cheaper.

The chipset in the 24's is a completely different vendor and architecture, but its at least 50% faster than the broadcoms in the earlier HR's.

This discussion is similar to many I've had where you have people who are very light users of the dvr who swear it has no problems and isnt slow, and heavy users of the dvr who have lots of problems and hate the slow, inconsistent user interface. IIRC, Jimbo has something like a handful of series links, watches a lot of live tv, and rarely fills up much of his disk. He's a lot less likely to have problems than I do where I have two boxes with 50 SL's each including autorecord wishlists, do MRV constantly, almost never watch live tv, and have a pair of >1TB drives that are at least 50-75% full all the time.

Someone who drives ~3 miles a day to the corner store and back will have a different driving experience from someone who puts in 300 miles a day on the autobahn. Its just that simple.

Usually at this point in the strawman debates, someone will call me out for watching tv too much or overusing the dvr even though that has nothing to do with the discussion. It makes for a nice diversion from the facts.

In the case of this topic, the longer I think about it the more amusing it gets. "Our system wont let you get the product that actually works properly, so quit asking for it and go piss off!". Pretty humorous when you get right down to it. I'd like to see the energy channeled into "How can we get the good product into the hands of the customers who want it?".

Its a case where the customer has become a barely necessary evil that shouldnt cause any more problems for the service provider than necessary.

Excellent !!!

Very well put. :up

Let me rephrase as I been having a bad day and this 6 pages have really made me laugh.

Instead of free I will put did not pay upfront fee to apease the people who get annoyed as the 5 dollar lease fee.

So in my own personal opinion if you you did not having to pay 199 or even 99 for a HDDVR you really dont have much room to complain.

You spend 99/199 on a hddvr then you can come here and complain but people canceling installs and throwing fits about availablity are just being silly

Right now employees cant order equipment and new employees who hit there free service mark cant be install because we give priority to the customer and we are giving out hr24s as fast as we can get them in.

I am sorry that people have such an issue with this . but seeing the same thread with a different title 10 times is just tiresome and redundt when trying to help hence why everyone should just post in the same complaint thread about not getting a hr24.

I think any company that showcases their DVRs should give new ones to customers anytime they sign a contract or pay a full premium for them. Just like cell phone companies I expect a brand new phone when I sign my contract or extend it. But cell phone companies also offer refurb phones for new contracts, but for a discounted price. Maybe D* could entice people by giving them a small discount for an "older" model or refurb equipment. Some people love getting a good deal vs. high end equipment. When my installer showed up with a refurb receiver I didn't want it and apologetically turned him away. He agreed with my decision and my local retailer is more than happy to order the receivers I asked them for.

It's a shame that D* doesn't organize inventory better for dealers to coordinate who gets what model, refurb, etc. When I signed up for E* two years ago I knew exactly what models I would get, but that was also a local retailer. Anyone who wants a specific model should go through a retailer or independent online shop. For those who don't care, order via phone or website.

But no where do we problem equipment models we state HDDVRs not HR24s.

you go into a verizon store they have deals on DriodX and HTC Increadable , dtv ran a wireless shop it would be 99 dollar andriod phone random grab bag.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts