How To Read LyngSat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flyinggreg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Columbus,OH
Ok, I really wish someone would make a sticky for us newbies here on how to read LyngSat. The only truly explained info is the color coding. Here are the questions......:confused:

Col 1 (Freq/TP) - This is probably most important....3 digit freq's are C-band and 4 digit are Ku-band? What do I need to know about transponders? Do I need to set the polarization or does my lnb or receiver do it for me?

Col 2 & 3 (Provider/Channel) - I got the jist of the actual provider names, but what EXACTLY are feeds?

Col 4 - F= FREE, A= address, N= net, P= package, U= uplink... (what is the deal with these???)

Col 5 (Video Encryption) - DVB, NTSC, PowerVu, Digicipher, Nagravision.... (what are free, and how do you get subscriptions for the encrypted??)

Col 6 (SR-FEC-SID-VPID) - ?????????

Col 7 (NID-TID-Audio) - ????????????

Col 8 (Beam) - where the sat is pointed at

How do I use this info for setup and playing?

Thanks Guys!:D

Does take a while to sink in, the good thing about Lyngsat is if you just put your cursor on A or F or whatever it tell you what it means. A for example is the web site or address of the channel.

Also the color key is on the bottom of main page.

The four digit TP freq's are C-band (need a 6 foot or larger dish), the five digit TP freq's are Ku-band (30 inch dish or larger).

Basically, beige is in-the-clear digital. Any other color (i.e. orange or pink) is encrypted. DVB uses several types of encryption, among these are PowerVU, Nagravision, and Irdeto. We can't do anything with these channels. VC2 is Videocipher II, which is a form of encryption used on analog channels. Digicipher II is a different digital standard from DVB, which is what FTA receivers use. Digicipher II can be encrypted or in the clear, but you need a DCII receiver capable of receiving clear Digicipher II signals to get the free ones. Some 4DTV receivers can do this, as well as some commercial satellite receivers.

White is clear analog. Pink is encrypted analog.

FEC is Forward Error Correction, SR is Symbol Rate. You usually don't have to worry about these, when you do a scan the receiver finds this information automatically.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is Olympic coverage better on FTA?

video quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts