How to Save AZbox Me settings.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
How to Save AZbox Me settings

Does anyone know how to export/save out AZBox Me configuration settings in order to re-import the saved file(s) back into the AzBox Me after an update/upgrade. By settings, I mean Satellite, motor, and switch configurations. Please note, I'm not talking about the satellite.xml files.

Last edited:
For channels list find dogsettings software.But will save only channels.For sat,motor,lnb... settings copy etc/enigma2/settings file and after you update paste it back with your channels list.

For channels list find dogsettings software.But will save only channels.For sat,motor,lnb... settings copy etc/enigma2/settings file and after you update paste it back with your channels list.

Thanks, Tsakman!

Does anyone know how to export/save out AZBox Me configuration settings in order to re-import the saved file(s) back into the AzBox Me after an update/upgrade. By settings, I mean Satellite, motor, and switch configurations. Please note, I'm not talking about the satellite.xml files.

When using the official AZtrino fimware, all settings can be found in the /etc/tuxbox/config directory so simply making a back of all files in this folder via FTP is all that's needed

/etc/tuxbox/config/neutrino.conf
Main settings file for AZtrino including GUI, A/V, Network and miscellaneous settings.

/etc/tuxbox/config/satellites.xml
Contains a current list of all satellites and their transponders but no antenna settings.

/etc/tuxbox/config/zapit/audio.conf
Contains custom audio settings for scanned channels

/etc/tuxbox/config/zapit/bouquets.xml
Contains settings for all channel bouquets (i.e. groups)

/etc/tuxbox/config/zapit/sat.conf
Antenna settings specific for each satellte including LNB, switch and motor positions.

/etc/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml
Scanned channels including service names, PIDS, etc...

/etc/tuxbox/config/zapit/zapit.conf
Global antenna settings such as latitude & longitude for USALS.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

P.S. We will soon make it so that you may upgrade to new AZtrino versions without losing your settings. But for now, a backup is required on every upgrade.

When using the official AZtrino fimware, all settings can be found in the /etc/tuxbox/config directory so simply making a back of all files in this folder via FTP is all that's needed

Main settings file for AZtrino including GUI, A/V, Network and miscellaneous settings.

Contains a current list of all satellites and their transponders but no antenna settings.

Antenna settings specific for each satellte including LNB, switch and motor positions.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

P.S. We will soon make it so that you may upgrade to new AZtrino versions without losing your settings. But for now, a backup is required on every upgrade.
Thanks, Pwrsurge for your help. Do you have an estimated release date for the next AZTrino update?

Last edited:
try one these

try one these in setup set to azbox me/mini

Attachments

• dreamset236x64.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 214
  • dreamset236.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 198
I would like to edit in AZtrino the /etc/tuxbox/config/zapit/sat.conf file

What program can edit this file?

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Hi PwrSurge,

Congratulations for an outstanding job with your N American support. I notice your Aztrino support is more focused on Me than Premium HD+. Any reason for this? Also, what editor do you use for writing a N. American satellite list onto Aztrino for Premium HD+?

All the best,

Warpspeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)