Transponder issue.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I have done a lot of reading , but , failed to find an answer for this problem . When looking for a sat. signal , on a verified active transponder , using the motor , I don't find a signal as to where it is . If I get it to where I know the sat is , I don't get a signal unless i go either up or down a transponder , then , back to the right one , a signal appears . As soon as I move the motor [ either direction ] the signal disappears again until I repeat the above. Scanning is fine etc. Channels are fine . I love this little thing , but this is a puzzle to me.

what software version are you using?

I know there was an issue with the 22k switch not working right with a motor and I know on version 7/6 software when you hit motor E or W to nudge it the signal disappears then comes back. I dont have 22k set up on mine right now (just a KU dish) but I understood that the 22k side worked too on the 7/6 software but not on older stuff

Thanks for the quick reply. I have 05/25 which I believe is the original release. I tried to do a manual update , but it failed. I will do an auto update later .

Thanks much. Ill give it a go via USB . Thanks for the correct transponder to use , but , what I found moving it to that TP , gave me no results. When I went back a page , I found that the tp went back to 11842 . Several attempts did the same thing. Seems as though it is a default setting , and locked.

normally the updates are on 11842 (that is what they are on the other Geosat receivers) and it defaults to that

Brina is uplinking the Micro firmware on 12115 so not to confuse the receivers (and I think to hide it) ;)

I did have some issues with the USB probably corrupted by me , but , the manual update had failed as well. I called SatAV , just in case it was me [ again ] . At the time I had tried , it seems a lightning strike in Pittsburgh gummed up the works. All was fixed , and , now the update fixed all my issues. Good tip on the 12115 TP . As always I appreciate your help.

Very unusual happening.... The entire uplink facility lost all power and back-ups. When the server restarted, the file playout did not resume.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I wonder how many people "got on the telephone" (to quote Doc Scott) all panicked that his signal was gone
(after all that feed is on that transponder) ;)

When did it go down?

This was my problem in another thread. Tried last night and is working on my system now with no changes!

Cardinal 177a

I believe the power outage was on 8/1/2012. The transponder was only down for an hour.

The update playout server rebooted, but did not resume playout of the update file until we restarted the software yesterday.

Thanks much for the speedy reply , and , the fast service. I was really relieved that for once , it wasn't me. The update cured the problem I had originally. Much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts