How to tell if HDD-200 has GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blueamber

Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Hey all,

I just got my HDD200! The HD movies look great!, but when I am in SD, the picture has black bars on each side. I have a 42' Plasma, and it supports 16x9. I was wondering if there was a way to change my hdd200 settings so the SD picture is full screen. The HDD200 is a general instrument model and I was wondering if GI models have the GUI. Thanks in advance.

PS: If someone knows how to get around this problem, please let me know! I really want to see the full screen SD! :river

I don't think the HDD200 will allow it to change, I think it sort of upconverts the SD signal to HD and therefore you have the sidebars. You could use the composite outputs from the 4dtv receiver, if you have a spare composite input on your tv or video selector device.

Al

Here is a link to the HDD 200 User's Guide:

http://www.4dtvforum.com/doc/HDD200_GUI.pdf

Page 17 and 18 of the pdf tells how to access the HD System Settings Menu.

Turn the HDD 200 off.
Press the CC button and the power button at the same time. The menu should appear. If not, your unit doesn't have the GUI. I have an early GI HDD-201 Star Choice version and it doesn't have it.

Here is a link to the HDD 200 User's Guide:

http://www.4dtvforum.com/doc/HDD200_GUI.pdf

Page 17 and 18 of the pdf tells how to access the HD System Settings Menu.

Turn the HDD 200 off.
Press the CC button and the power button at the same time. The menu should appear. If not, your unit doesn't have the GUI. I have an early GI HDD-201 Star Choice version and it doesn't have it.
I didn't know about this, I suppose I should get my manual out and read it sometime?

Al

I just tried this on my HDD200 and it's in it. But, I looked at my manual and it's not in it. Everything from the page with the DCT HSI connection isn't in my manual either.

Al

Looks like mine doesn't have it... Oh well, I'll have to switch back and forth when watch HD and SD. If only I could have the GUI installed...

Thanks to all who responded

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts