how to update satellite list and update tp's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xxtornxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
usa
how can i get and put on an new satellite list in vs pvr 7000 the one that came with it does not have up to date info. or new tp's. i am looking for the most southern sat to adjust motor in and need to find 111 deg. akikF2 but what i have is 113.0w solidariadad 2/c .... sat mex 5/ 116.7w....or echostar 8,10 110.0w...i like to put on new sat. list with updated tp's and some kind of channel guide for when i get it all set up, can any one help. i've been reading alot and not really finding what i was looking for. i have a 30" dish on a motor an invacom quad qph-031 lnb(2 linear & 2 circular)

Thank you for the quick reply i will go check it out and see what happens...i will try hitting 110 like you suggest...

yes fist set up to hit clarke belt dish is mounted and motor works with reicever east to west freely and i got to tweek in the true south sat to get motor to hit belt went to vs site and i think what i was apost to dl was form sat info area for pvr 7000 which i did i don't no how good it is made 06 of 06 and can i load through usp port

Take a look at Lyngsat.com/america.html and compare. Does the VS7000 have Blind Scan?
You can enter TPs manually too. Once you do it and understand it, it becomes second nature.
Take advantage to the powerfull Echostar Sats for setup, makes it easy to get on the belt. Get your South, then pick one as far East / West as your Line Of Sight allows(148 west maybe) Once you can bounce between the 2, you should be tracking pretty good. Switch to Linear and tweak, pick a Sat like Galaxy 26(wait for the motor to move) and Scan.

yes i have blind scan and i was trying to get away by cheatting and not have to put in tp's by hand and you are right it will become second nature. how about that sat list dl can i still put that on through usp port and loader through computer. i guess the closes sat most south would be 110. .... i liv`14 miles in the desert, of the deep southwest nothing but sky

If you can get on the belt using the EchoStar Sats( the preloaded TPs will work) Then you can Add / Rename a Sat, with its Position, drive to that Sat and Blind Scan. Blind Scanning adds the TPs for you.
Are you upgrading to a Motorized dish, or is this all new for you?

upgrading to motorized, the only thing new to me is the motor set up. I know exactly what you are talking about with the reciever and most if not all it's functions i would like to get more FTA in stead of sationary dish. will be running 2 old may 2004 flu's with this set up but the 7000 will run motor set up .

the vs does not really move dish or lock into sat can not tell if Q is any good or if you have past sat and try to fine tune in the sig. needless to say i am having problems with vs7000 and a motoized 30" dish. evey thing is starting to fallin place with (fortecstar april 2004...flu) the old set seem to lock on sat and lets you fin tune.It to is still a work in progress but little better results then vs7000 right now i hope this will change.Any help with some of this problem or all of the problem will be greatful..i still thing that the dish is alittle off i think that true south is off hit 110 like you said Q was never higher 85%to 93% but my tru south is 111 just a tad off and can not put new sat in fortecstar not that i can see yet.spent 5 hours on roof yesterday today 103 temp debaitting to go up or not.

"the vs does not really move dish"
Does the Dish move or not.

When aligning to 110 west vs. your TrueSouth Sat, make sure you used USALS to drive the Dish, then adjust East / West, Up / Down for best Quality. Once you set the Motor to your Latitude it should not be adjusted.
Quality of 85+ on Echo Sats is Good. Next would be to pick a Sat as far East / West as your Line Of Sight allows( maybe Echo @ 148 west, circular L.O. = 11250 ) Once you can bounce bewteen those 2 Sats with good Q, switch to linear(LNB L.O. = 10750) for tweaking. Not all TPs in a list are Live. Use "The List" at the top of the page to find Live TPs.
Stay cool.

Been out of town working and that is why they call this dish a hobby.I got dish dialed in for now far west i got so for is 148 w and i think i mounted dish a little low on roof to get near 61.5 it looks like air cond. unit in site. but was hitting amc5 @ 79.0. Dish was flowing nicely with the old fortec star hitting 110 119 123 148 118.8 and others,try to figure out how to set up new sat. list and get down freg mhz and symbol rate msps and polarity is what it asks for. and today it was moving fin and now it seem like motor not moving may need line amp or the sun is to hot for the set up on roof 108 deg. yesterday and monday was 112 deg motor and dish are getting tested.

There is nothing after 148 west.
Time to tweak, for Linear Ku Sats.
Find Galaxy 17(now Horizons 2) @ 74 West in you sat list(LNB settings L.O. 10750)
See if you can Lock ONN, TP info:
Freq: 11734
Pol: H
SR: 6616

can not find galaxy 17 or horizons 2 in my list now this is where i have to input the info and how much info do i need and where to get it . i can make new sat and name it but i need in previous post down feg ect

O.K.i found the 74 w in sat list it is under the name sbs- 6ku tp only shows 11741 H 6.616 i will try this one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)