How to watch the OS Mio + 4K on a second TV

OswaldFTA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Miami, FL
I have my OS Mio+ 4K connected to a primary TV through the HDMI output. I can use the OpenWebif interface to watch the programs on my PC.

Is there a way to watch the programs on a second TV that is not connected directly to the receiver through the HDMI cable?

Two quick ideas. A laptop or pc with HDMI output close to the 2nd TV with an HDMI cable.
or
Windows Cast to Device. Also known as Connect To. Open the webif, cast to your tv (if it's smart) or us a Roku or Fire device.

my name is not Johnny. lol!!

You can use an Android TV box and stream the osmio4k program over your LAN like I do. If you have only one router, the Android TV box can connect to it wirelessly or you can do something more complex and do what I do - I use several routers that connect to each other so that I can stream to any room without running wiring through walls - the Android TV box will connect to one of these routers via an ethernet port. What I do is much more complicated and difficult to explain. Another option is to use a PC with a wireless card and stream through it - but you might prefer a set top box like the Android TV box since it has a smaller footprint and would be quieter than a PC. I'm sure that there are other methods. If you use webif, it'll interfere with your primary TV that's connected to the osmio4k HDMI port.

Reactions: primestar31
You can use an Android TV box and stream the osmio4k program over your LAN like I do. If you have only one router, the Android TV box can connect to it wirelessly or you can do something more complex and do what I do - I use several routers that connect to each other so that I can stream to any room without running wiring through walls - the Android TV box will connect to one of these routers via an ethernet port. What I do is much more complicated and difficult to explain. Another option is to use a PC with a wireless card and stream through it - but you might prefer a set top box like the Android TV box since it has a smaller footprint and would be quieter than a PC. I'm sure that there are other methods. If you use webif, it'll interfere with your primary TV that's connected to the osmio4k HDMI port.
Can I use a Roku device to do the same?

Two quick ideas. A laptop or pc with HDMI output close to the 2nd TV with an HDMI cable.
or
Windows Cast to Device. Also known as Connect To. Open the webif, cast to your tv (if it's smart) or us a Roku or Fire device.

my name is not Johnny. lol!!
Forgot and just remembered. There are a couple of Enigma 2 apps for Fire devices also. Easy to setup.
Works on Android smart tv's too.

Hello. Could you please explain in details how to do it? I mean, what application to use with the Android TV box, etc...

How do I change the channels to watch?
Too complicated to give details here. But you need to connect to the osmio and then you can navigate the channel lists with the remote control that comes withe the androidtv box. Some android tv boxes have a keyboard.

The little Edision can stream! Just stress tested it - 4 HD streams, 50 Mbps total over wifi to my laptop, while playing a 5th SD channel over HDMI, none skipping a beat.

I confirmed DreamDroid works fine on my Android phone, but I don't have an Android TV box to test it out. I don't like that DreamDroid doesn't show you which channels are available on the current transponder, like the enigma2 channel selection screen does when you are recording/streaming.

It looks like it's possible to use other enigma2 boxes as clients of a main box. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't think I would want to buy another os mio+ just for that - but there are much cheaper enigma2 boxes out there which would probably function fine as a client? Does anyone have experience with this? Do both boxes need to be running TNAP or do various enigma2 variants work with each other for remote/fallback functionality?

Right now I'm using a Raspberry Pi and the OpenWebif to stream in a second room, but it is not very user friendly for family/guests. Using Dreambox/Kodi/IPTV and presenting them with a long list of channels they can't tune also doesn't seem like a great solution.

Related, does anyone have experience running a dual Ku LNB with a USALS rotor on the os mio/enigma2? I am tempted to run a second coax and connect it to the second tuner on the os mio+, so that two transponders can be recorded/streamed at once, but how will that behave with the rotor? Is it possible to link both tuners together, so the channel selection only shows channels on the current satellite? (No, I can't build a dish farm... as much as I would like to!)

Attachments

• 2022-02-07 (1).png
    2022-02-07 (1).png
    92.3 KB · Views: 124

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)