HR 20 - Caller ID on TV problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasonhat@gmail.com

Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
On my new HR20, I cannot get the Caller ID on TV to work (I do have Caller ID thru BellSouth). When the phone rings, the display on the set does say "incoming call" but it won't show the number.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

On my new HR20, I cannot get the Caller ID on TV to work (I do have Caller ID thru BellSouth). When the phone rings, the display on the set does say "incoming call" but it won't show the number.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

You are ahead of me. My unit will not display any information while the phone is ringing. However, if I go into the calls & message menu, I can see the information on all incoming calls. The H20 worked fine on the same line.

Others are reporting a message telling them to subscribe to caller ID and a another group of users are reporting that their units are working fine.

Go figure!

jerry

You are ahead of me. My unit will not display any information while the phone is ringing. However, if I go into the calls & message menu, I can see the information on all incoming calls. The H20 worked fine on the same line.

Others are reporting a message telling them to subscribe to caller ID and a another group of users are reporting that their units are working fine.

Go figure!

jerry

Must of be cause u dont have the alerts turned on... for it to pop up when call coems in...

The option to display the caller's id on the screen is turned on but until yesterday, it would not display any information. Yesterday, for the first time, I received a message telling me subscribe to caller id which I already have with my VOIP service. All other receivers work fine and the H20 (returned) worked fine too.

Caller ID

The option to display the caller's id on the screen is turned on but until yesterday, it would not display any information. Yesterday, for the first time, I received a message telling me subscribe to caller id which I already have with my VOIP service. All other receivers work fine and the H20 (returned) worked fine too.

Do you have distinctive ring service? I do and on one of the rings the Caller ID works perfectly and on the other it displays the "subscribe to caller ID service" Don't know why.

I wonder if DSL service with the filters could be interfering with data acquizition by the HDR 20?

Do you have distinctive ring service? I do and on one of the rings the Caller ID works perfectly and on the other it displays the "subscribe to caller ID service" Don't know why.

I wonder if DSL service with the filters could be interfering with data acquizition by the HDR 20?

I don't think that would cause the caller id trouble or I would have a lot of trouble calls on it, but you can remove the filter and try calling the number to verify it.

I wonder if it is a VOIP problem, you could call the phone company and have them reset it for you, might be a minor glitch.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)