HR-20 Internal Temp

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
West Michigan
My HR20's internal temp is reading 120 degrees Fahrenheit.

Could others post what theirs is? Where I have mine set up does not allow any room for ventilation on the top of the receiver, and I want to verify with others to make sure mine is not running too hot.

I have not had any issues with it at this temperature and it has been this way for a week now.

Joe,
You have nothing to worry about.
Normal temps run between 120 and 127* any higher than 127 I would look into.

Mine is currently running at 125* but it will vary from time to time.

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo. Mine at home is usually around 123(open air) but my in laws here have it enclosed and its 130. How bad is that?

I wold start to keep an eye on it, It may be no problem at all, but ya never know. Is it doing anything flaky at that temp ?
Also check it (temp) more than once, it will vary from time to time.

Jimbo

My HR20-700 typically runs 122-125. When I first got it the temperature was 127. I haven't had any problems which would be considered heat related . The -100s run cooler. The H20-600 is the really hot receiver (sponaneous reboots, even).

While on the phone with tech support tonight the guy told me something I think might prove handy to some. We all know that the USB ports are not active yet, but they are powered. If you have your HR20 in an enclosed cabinet you could get an USB fan to help provide additional airflow. I wish I had thought of that when I had my old MOXI cable box that thing was an oven.

While on the phone with tech support tonight the guy told me something I think might prove handy to some. We all know that the USB ports are not active yet, but they are powered. If you have your HR20 in an enclosed cabinet you could get an USB fan to help provide additional airflow. I wish I had thought of that when I had my old MOXI cable box that thing was an oven.

Many of us have added external fans already, I have mine plugged into the wall with an On / Off Switch.

Jimbo

even more damaging than heat alone is the mechanical stress induced when the boxes are turned on and off. This causes expansion and contraction of all the components which over time causes mechanical failure of the internal joints.

even more damaging than heat alone is the mechanical stress induced when the boxes are turned on and off. This causes expansion and contraction of all the components which over time causes mechanical failure of the internal joints.

the only way to turn off these receivers it to unplug them....

hell you can still hear the HDD going in the HR20s when they are "powered off"

My HR20-100 averages at 107 but will go up to 113 if my Xbox 360 has been in use since it is in the same entertainment center next to each other.

I just got back home finally(gone for a month) si I could check out the temp on MY HR20. Its 127 sitting in an open air ent center, no way to get it any better without a fan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)