hr 20 remote, question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

murphy

Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Hi, Just want to say thanks for all the info I get on this forum. "Lots " LOL

I was wondering if there is a "return to live" button or procedure for my hr20 remote?
I used to run REPLAYTV, and there was a "return to live" button.

Every time I watch paused tv on my hr20, I cannot return to live unless i completly fast forward.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks to all.

Murphy

While watching a recorded show, simply input a channel number you want to see and you will go to the live feed of that channel.

thank you for your reply bbraune.

But I was hoping that when I recorded something and was done I could just jump to live, instead of changing channels and coming back the same channel.

Thanks
Murphy

Sorry guys, the exit button does not return to live mode.

But changing channels and returning does , though in this modern age of technology seems rather archaic.

Thanks for the reply's, I will keep playing with the remote.

Murphy

Sorry guys, the exit button does not return to live mode.

But changing channels and returning does , though in this modern age of technology seems rather archaic.

Thanks for the reply's, I will keep playing with the remote.

Murphy

Murphy,
If you push the exit button, it DOES go back to "LIVE" TV, you have to hit it twice !

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo,
so far all exit does is remove the time bar at the bottom of the screen , and it does not return me to live.

I am running a HR20 receiver and the remote is model #rc34.

Thanks as always guys and gals.

Murphy

Hey Jimbo,
so far all exit does is remove the time bar at the bottom of the screen , and it does not return me to live.

I am running a HR20 receiver and the remote is model #rc34.

Thanks as always guys and gals.

Murphy

Thats odd, you talking about when watching a recorded show and going back to Live TV right ?

I just tried it before I posted the last post to make sure and it worked with mine just fine.
However, I do have a different remote than what you have, I am using the older RC24

Jimbo

sorry Jimbo was talking about paused tv, not recorded.

Murphy

Yes, we were talking two different things.

I normally just hold the Forward button if it's just a minute or two.
If it's more than that, like 15-20 minutes.
Hold the Forward button for like 5 sec's and it should move 15 minutes at a time. I know that works for recorded, I would expect it to work for non recorded too.
example: when you've already seen a portion and you want to move up to where you left off, of course D* added the Resume option for that awhile back !

Jimbo

no problem jimbo, I noticed I changed my responses from "pause" to "recorded". my fault for the confusion.

of course D* added the Resume option for that awhile back !

"resume" button?

murphy

no problem jimbo, I noticed I changed my responses from "pause" to "recorded". my fault for the confusion.

"resume" button?

murphy

When you start to watch a recorded program and you stop it, on the right side you will see your list of options.
Resume, Start Over, Keep, Delete, Record Series, Episodes and Done.

If you want to start the show over, you can and if you want to Resume where you left off you can also.

If you don't have these options when stopping a show then it probably has not been released in a "National Release" of software yet. I've had it for quite awhile now, I would have expected that everyone had it by now. It came in a CE awhile back.

Jimbo

thanks again jimbo,

I will look for those options.

Have a GREAT NEW YEAR..
Murphy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)