Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I have my HR-21 set up with native off.(so channels will change faster)

With native on I cannot tell any difference in pq than if it were off. Does it make a difference??

With native off, I would guess that it would not matter if any of the resolution box were check. I do have them check but am I right that it would not matter??

With native off my 1080p reads 1280 x 720. With native on and 1080i being the only one checked my tv reads 1920 x 1080 when I press info. on my tv remote.

IF you want the hr 21 to turn faster you can leave native resolution on but make sure you only check off 1080i or 720p. IT will turn as fast on every channel. The picture doesn't look as good to me without native resolution turned on. I leave mine on and check off 1080i and 480p so sd programming can upconvert through my tv instead of the receiver. The sd picture definately looks better and I con change the format to fit the screen using the tv remote.

IF you want the hr 21 to turn faster you can leave native resolution on but make sure you only check off 1080i or 720p. IT will turn as fast on every channel. The picture doesn't look as good to me without native resolution turned on. I leave mine on and check off 1080i and 480p so sd programming can upconvert through my tv instead of the receiver. The sd picture definately looks better and I con change the format to fit the screen using the tv remote.

Exactly what I did after many different variations..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)