HR-24 AND SWM DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Leeza

Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Montreal
I recently self installed a 5 lnb swm dish to my new hr-24 dvr receiver but have a strange problem.I am only getting a signal on tuner 2 and not on tuner 1.All my levels seem to be good on 99,101 and 103,but I cannot get anything on 110 or 119 due to some trees.Even though,when I first set up system,I had signal to both tuners for about 15 minutes,and then only tuner 2 would get a signal.I believed it was a wire or connection issue and changed the wire and same thing,good signal for about 10 minutes and then only tuner 2.Could the fact that I am not getting signal from 110 and 119 be doing this?Could it be bad lnb or power inserter?I hooked up my friends receiver and same thing happenned so it is not the box and I tried an older 5 lnb ka/ku lnb with bbc on both cables coming and both tuners worked perfectly all night.There is no swm spliter involved either,only one receiver in my set up. I know these swm lnbs are tricky but this one has me stumped.

I recently self installed a 5 lnb swm dish to my new hr-24 dvr receiver but have a strange problem.I am only getting a signal on tuner 2 and not on tuner 1.All my levels seem to be good on 99,101 and 103,but I cannot get anything on 110 or 119 due to some trees.Even though,when I first set up system,I had signal to both tuners for about 15 minutes,and then only tuner 2 would get a signal.I believed it was a wire or connection issue and changed the wire and same thing,good signal for about 10 minutes and then only tuner 2.Could the fact that I am not getting signal from 110 and 119 be doing this?Could it be bad lnb or power inserter?I hooked up my friends receiver and same thing happenned so it is not the box and I tried an older 5 lnb ka/ku lnb with bbc on both cables coming and both tuners worked perfectly all night.There is no swm spliter involved either,only one receiver in my set up. I know these swm lnbs are tricky but this one has me stumped.

Just guessing, but it sounds like you have a bad lnb to me.

Just to be sure, you connected the cable from the dish to the input on the receiver marked "1(SWM-2) and you have nothing connected to input 2?

After you connected it did you go through the entire satellite setup process once again?

Yes I did exactly all that and still nothing.Get signal for both tuners for about 10-15 minutes and then only on tuner 2.I fixed the problem by getting an older ka/ku 5 lnb and 2 b-band converters and it works fine.Still do not know what I was doing wrong with the swm lnb,but I am a happy camper now with the other lnb.

Yes I did exactly all that and still nothing.Get signal for both tuners for about 10-15 minutes and then only on tuner 2.I fixed the problem by getting an older ka/ku 5 lnb and 2 b-band converters and it works fine.Still do not know what I was doing wrong with the swm lnb,but I am a happy camper now with the other lnb.

If you put an older LNB on and it worked, it sounds like the SWiM portion was not working as the voltage to the LNB is supplied by the recvr normally and from the Power Inserter with the SWM.

The LNB needs to see the higher voltage with the SWM, I would take a guess and say it's a PI problem....
You got it working with the old set up, only difference is you need 2 lines for the old set up, are you still trying to get it going using the SWM ?

You did go thru the Re Set Up Sat configuration in the SAT and Antenna menu, right ?
Thats where it finds the SWM set up and makes the changes.

I put my swm lnb,power inserter and the swm splitter in a box and am no longer trying to get it to work.I only have one receiver so it was just an extra wire and the 2 b-band converters.I tried everything that I could think of and every suggestion that I got from here and other forums,all to no avail.It works fine with the old set up,so I am not going to play with it any longer.

I put my swm lnb,power inserter and the swm splitter in a box and am no longer trying to get it to work.I only have one receiver so it was just an extra wire and the 2 b-band converters.I tried everything that I could think of and every suggestion that I got from here and other forums,all to no avail.It works fine with the old set up,so I am not going to play with it any longer.

You are wise!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)