HR-34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ADJLATINO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I call directv today about the new dvr .an they say the price is $200 plus 2 years contract.but they not garantice the technical bring the same model to home..??

they never guarantee a model
if they show up without it refuse the install

Another way to get it is give Robert from Value Electronics a call, I hear he is getting a big shipment tomorrow.

Remember to tell him that your a SatelliteGuys member when you call. :)

My question is..for the hr 34 we special intstalation right? How many tuner we need to conect? 5 or 2? Sometime we know more then costumer services.I call spanish costumer service an anwerme in guadalajara mex .lmao..ok normal price is $400 in retailer?

The HR34 would probably need a special install
they connect 5 tuners form the SWM setup

$400 is pretty much what they are going to go for

They say 200$.. but I tink the girl of costumer service dont have idea wat I lookingfor

Another way to get it is give Robert from Value Electronics a call, I hear he is getting a big shipment tomorrow.

Remember to tell him that your a SatelliteGuys member when you call. :)

I had originally ordered mine from Solid Signal, then I called them and they had no idea how many that they would get, or when they would get them. Then I read about Robert and Value Electronics, I called and placed my order with him and cancelled with Solid Signal. Excellent customer service, he could not have been nicer. If anyone is getting a HR34 from a retailer, I would highly recommend them.

Purchasing the HR34 as a stand alone device that can feed other rooms in the house is great....in fact that's what it's designed for, but those wanting to replace an existing DVR in a Whole Home DVR Network with an HR34 had better work out how many connections their SWM has, because in many cases people are going to have to get a bigger SWM in order to acommodate this DVR.

I had originally ordered mine from Solid Signal, then I called them and they had no idea how many that they would get, or when they would get them. Then I read about Robert and Value Electronics, I called and placed my order with him and cancelled with Solid Signal. Excellent customer service, he could not have been nicer. If anyone is getting a HR34 from a retailer, I would highly recommend them.

Robert is a good guy and a hell of a poker player too! Hope you told him you are a SatelliteGuys member. :)

Purchasing the HR34 as a stand alone device that can feed other rooms in the house is great....in fact that's what it's designed for, but those wanting to replace an existing DVR in a Whole Home DVR Network with an HR34 had better work out how many connections their SWM has, because in many cases people are going to have to get a bigger SWM in order to accommodate this DVR.
Yes, most homes are setup for 8 TUNERS or less. Please notice I typed TUNERS and not RECEIVERS. A HMC HD DVR (HR34) has 5 TUNERS. So the chance of going over 8 TUNERS is going to happen to a lot of existing customers. These customers need DirecTV to come out and install a SWiM-16.

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but here I go... if I have a SWM8, can I get 5 SWM through one of the SWM outputs? Or is it max 4... as in each line has a total of 4? From what I know, it's a total of 8 through all combined lines... so could be 1 and 7, or 6 and 2. Correct?

The other site has info on the new TiVo
THR22 - First Pictures! - DBSTalk.Com

Too bad it is a TiVo.
UGGH. there's nothing i like about that tivo including the remote. the up/down/l/r buttons are at the top including the select button. no good for me. interface is in SD. you can't power it "off" via remote. you can put it in standby by navigating through the menus and selecting the option.

keep it :)

Does the guide data count as a tuner? Say you have a SWM-8, do you really only have 7 tuners or do you still have 8?

Is the SWM just the green splitter? I have one in the garage with 8 ports on it. Currently I have:
HR24 (2 tuners)
H24 (1 tuner)
H21 (1 tuner)

I guess if I were to replace the HR24, I would be ok for sure.

Oh I also have the DECA ICK. Does that count as a tuner? I originally didn't think so since it's in 400 MHz range, not frequency stacked in 900-2100 range.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts