HR-34

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott Greczkowski said:
Another way to get it is give Robert from Value Electronics a call, I hear he is getting a big shipment tomorrow.

Remember to tell him that your a SatelliteGuys member when you call. :)

I haven't seen him around lately, is he still here ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski said:
The HR34 however is a big thumbs up from me!
Do you have a HR34 yet Scott? Just wondering if you had a first hand users opinion yet.

Yeah I will have to call my retailer friend and see if he got any of these in stock yet.

Nope I don't have one and won't have one but have been getting status updates and info about it over the past year. Everything I have heard about it sounds fantastic. I do hope I get to play with on soon though. :)

Does the guide data count as a tuner? Say you have a SWM-8, do you really only have 7 tuners or do you still have 8?

Is the SWM just the green splitter? I have one in the garage with 8 ports on it. Currently I have:
HR24 (2 tuners)
H24 (1 tuner)
H21 (1 tuner)

I guess if I were to replace the HR24, I would be ok for sure.

Oh I also have the DECA ICK. Does that count as a tuner? I originally didn't think so since it's in 400 MHz range, not frequency stacked in 900-2100 range.

So you currently have 4 tuners and replacing the HR24 with an HR34 would take you up to 7 total tuners. You should be fine.

Just got my hr34 and 3-h25 receivers installed :first: IT ROCKS!! Now Dtv Finally has some equipment to compete with. When the new GUI comes out I may never leave the house.

cypherstream said:
Does the guide data count as a tuner? Say you have a SWM-8, do you really only have 7 tuners or do you still have 8?

Is the SWM just the green splitter? I have one in the garage with 8 ports on it. Currently I have:
HR24 (2 tuners)
H24 (1 tuner)
H21 (1 tuner)

I guess if I were to replace the HR24, I would be ok for sure.

Oh I also have the DECA ICK. Does that count as a tuner? I originally didn't think so since it's in 400 MHz range, not frequency stacked in 900-2100 range.

Hr34- 5 tuners
HR24 2 tuners
H24 - 1 tuner
R16 - 2 tuners
D12 - 1 tuner
Ick- 0 tuners

Swm 8 - 8 tuners
Swm16- 16 tuners

Don't get confused by the splitter. Just bc you have a 2 way splitter, that doesn't limit you to 2 tuners. You can have a 2way swm splitter running an hr34 and an hr24.

In you replace your 24 with a 34 then yes you would ok.

skew said:
Just got my hr34 and 3-h25 receivers installed :first: IT ROCKS!! Now Dtv Finally has some equipment to compete with. When the new GUI comes out I may never leave the house.

Good to hear, I must admit I think the GUI is a great update, much more professional look. Like the PIP option in the hr34. 300 is a bit steep right now but maybe after the holiday, plus I don't think it's in the Detroit area right now

Though the HR24's I have now are great units as well!!

TDK1044 said:
Purchasing the HR34 as a stand alone device that can feed other rooms in the house is great....in fact that's what it's designed for, but those wanting to replace an existing DVR in a Whole Home DVR Network with an HR34 had better work out how many connections their SWM has, because in many cases people are going to have to get a bigger SWM in order to acommodate this DVR.

If u order will D* install and upgrade swm 8 to swm 16 if needed?? U think they will charge for swm16?

steinhouse10874 said:
If u order will D* install and upgrade swm 8 to swm 16 if needed?? U think they will charge for swm16?

Thats a good question. We buy the swm16 from dsi for around 200 but you can get online for around 100. Thats a couple bucks that will have to be waived. IMO it would be easier for a new customer rather than an existing.

Only one way to find out. Let us know

All you need to do to get a SWiM-16 install from DirecTV for a service charge of $49.99 is go beyond eight tuners. And if you been a good customer for a few years, you'll probably get a credit back.

Last edited:
Druzifer said:
All you need to do to get a SWiM-16 install from DirecTV for $49.99 is go beyond eight tuners. And if you been a good customer for a few years, you'll probably get a credit back.

I've never heard of Directv charging somebody for a swm16 or swm8. If what you order doesn't work on a normal switch it adds the larger switch automatically. If this is the case there are a lot of people in my area with bills for a swm16!

There's no charge for the equipment. It's a service charge for installing for those that get receivers from a non-DirecTV source.

Your talking just the switch/splitter here, right ....
I hope they don't charge that much to go in and replace one splitter for another.

Jimbo said:
Your talking just the switch/splitter here, right ....
I hope they don't charge that much to go in and replace one splitter for another.

You and I know it's not swap 1 for another, 3 more lines have to be brought from the dish, a new power inserter a new LNB, 2 new 8-way SWM splitters and more then likely you'll need to run a line for the power inserter to be only on the line by itself

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)