Hr series initial start up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MightyMikeNice

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Linden NJ
I recently moved and am allowed to have DTV.I was a previous customer so I had to buy my equip.I went on Ebay and bought a SWM slimline with one output.Included in this package was a SWS 8 switch and power supply.I went to Best Buy and purchased 2 HR series HD recievers and 1 Hr series HD DVR.
Before the dish even arrived via UPS,I plugged in the DVR to enter the zip and get the az,el and tilt to try to prepare for my install.
Before I go further,I was a Dtv/dish installer for a busy contractor for over 3 years almost 5 years ago.I didnt own a meter,so I was planning on using the reciever to peak the dish.
I then did further research and discovered the process for pointing and dithering a slimline.I also purchased a Acutrac 3 and Dtv asl so I will be able to point the antenna.Im totally confident I will have no trouble properly pointing the antenna and getting great signal.
I also discoverd that the SWm reciever should not be powered until the dish is pointed and the coaxial cable is connected to the input.I did not follow this procedure,since I thought I could point the dish the old school way.I also accidentally selected a 3 lnb dish instead of five?
Will I have any problems because of this?(powering reciever before peaking dish and connecting line to input and also selecting wrong antenna on start up menu?)If so,what do I do to rectify this?
I did not install dish yet or do any wiring at all(waiting for meter and answer to question).Any help is appreciated.This is a great forum.Thankyou.

the reciver auto detects a swm lnb and auto setup for that. on the other hand you can align the dish with a regular 5 lnb if you have one the once its locked down you can put the swm lnb back on

So all I have to do is complete the install(dish and wiring)and connect coax cable to sat input and plug it in and I'm good tol go?
I dont have a regular 5 lnb and I already purchased meter,and its a good tool to have.Thanks.

So all I have to do is complete the install(dish and wiring)and connect coax cable to sat input and plug it in and I'm good tol go?
I dont have a regular 5 lnb and I already purchased meter,and its a good tool to have.Thanks.
yes just make sure you plug the coax in on the swm-1 port without the b-band convertor... and the plug in the power, it will auto detect it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.