hr10-250 HELP Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

versaron

Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
pennsylvania
it's been a while i've installed dishes, well before the HD revolution at least. i have a 42" LG plasma 1080i and wanna get a better pic.
i got a free hd10-250 receiver and was just wondering what kind of dish i need to activate it. will my picture be noticeably clearer with it on all channels or just hd programming networks? i know there's way better receivers out there but overall how is this one? how many hd channels are there and $ for package w/ DTV around?
w/ the off air programming is there an additional antennae that hooks up to dish or do i need a seperate one? will i be able to tivo my local regular off air stations?
sorry bout all the ?'s but i'd really like to get this down and get my pic looking A+. I appreciate any help out there.
please add your reccomendations in what to do or upgrade to anything.
thanks guys:D

The HR10-250 has an ATSC tuner built in for OTA channels so those would look better. It also upconverts SD to HD output but if the information wasn't there to begin with the improvement will only be slight. In other words a 480I picture dosen't have 1080 lines of information and never will.

There are maybe 2 or 3 MPEG2 HD channels left in the 70s. But, these will be gone before too long. Also, if you are lucky enough to have waivers for the four networks, you could get them in HD in the 80s. The HR10-250, as stated earlier, can receive ATSC OTA stations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts