HR10-250 Picture Quality (SD)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanfoja

Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
Alabama
Okay Guys,

Without approval from the wife I bought a HR10-250 HD DVR to replace our old RCA DTC-100 (which dropped signals occasionally). Love the DVR but the picture quality of the SD channels is poor compared to my DTC-100. Granted my wife has a very critical eye but the quality difference is very evident. I have a 73 Mits. HDTV, used RGBHV with the RCA, using component video and S-Video with the HR10-250(use Cobalt Ultimate cables). The picure quality is basically softer or fuzzy looking. BTW, signal strength on both SAT 1 and SAT 2 is 90-93. Anybody else experience this??

Thanks,
Joe

I had some PQ issues in general with D* but it has improved over the last couple of months. I never had a DTC-100 but I have had every generation since. I upconvert all content to 1080i but preserve the aspect ratio at 4:3 for my SD viewing as it does look like crap when stretched. I have a 55" Samsung and use Monster Cable (Series 2) on the component level. I do not have DVI or HDMI.

Not exactly apples to apples ... just me experience.

I use the Panorama mode on my monitor with my HD TiVo hooked up through component. Looks better than when I had the SD TiVo hooked up through S-Video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts