HR20 Latest Version

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RCBrust

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I just ordered an upgrade of my H20 to an HR20. Just curious what version should I be getting. HR20-???

Thanks,
Randy

God I wish I could get an HR... unfortunately financial pressures don't allow for it (nor does having to deal with D* coming out yet AGAIN and adding another line (yet AGAIN).

What's the preferred model, the HR-100? Is that the latest?

Thanks,
Randy

I just ordered an upgrade of my H20 to an HR20. Just curious what version should I be getting. HR20-???

Thanks,
Randy

If you need OTA, better make sure the receiver is not an HR21-xxx when installer arrives. DirecTV's bean counters, in their infinite wisdom, decided that customers do not need OTA.

Thanks,
Randy

There are three models available right now, the HR20-700, HR20-100 and the HR21-700. The HR21 is new, and does not have an ota tuner in it. The other two are virtually the same, just made by different manufacturers.

No, I don't need OTA, and the rep said the HR21 is still not available.

Thanks,
Randy

Thanks,
Randy

The latest models are HR21-xxx's. As I mentioned above, they do not have OTA capabilities built into the receiver. As to the HR20-100 vs. HR20-700, main difference is the -100 has a slightly bigger harddrive. They are basically the same receiver, but different manufacturer.

Guys, can you tell whether it is a -100 or -700 externally, or do you have to go into the menu to check?

Thanks,
Randy

Guys, can you tell whether it is a -100 or -700 externally, or do you have to go into the menu to check?

Thanks,
Randy

It will be marked on the cardboard box and on a label behind the access card door. The -100 has an external antenna for RF remote (it is built-in on the -700) and it also has a coaxial digital audio output in addition to optical.

Ummmm... why would the newer model of the DVR not have OTA capabilities? I would understand if like the early DVRs didn't have them.. and I heard that when the D* HR20s came out originally they had OTA ports but not DVR support for them. Why would they go "backwards" like that?

Ummmm... why would the newer model of the DVR not have OTA capabilities? I would understand if like the early DVRs didn't have them.. and I heard that when the D* HR20s came out originally they had OTA ports but not DVR support for them. Why would they go "backwards" like that?

I think it's going to be another option - you can either get the HR20 or the HR21, if you're satisfied with what D* gives you for HD locals.

Maybe it will be cheaper than the 20?

I think it's going to be another option - you can either get the HR20 or the HR21, if you're satisfied with what D* gives you for HD locals.

Maybe it will be cheaper than the 20?
Odds are it will STILL be out of my price range. ;p

I just called last month and got a hr-20-100 for $19.95 that shouldn't be out of your price range.
I may get one when I move soon, but I doubt I'll bother with it at this point. I do have a DVR already at where I live, but its a standard one. I got it for my mom so she could record all the shows she falls asleep watching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)