HR20 Latest Version

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HR20 rcvr.

I had a new HR20-100 installed about 3 wks ago. Nice rcvr, but it seemed to run out of space very rapidly. Had several discussions with DTV tech support; also tried to figure out mpeg2 vs mpeg4; also asked several questions in a different forum. Got answers like "reset", "reformat", "your wife records too many programs", etc. All really helpful. Finally ran my own experiments and discovered that I had less than 8 hrs of HD capacity (should be 30 to 50). Result: DTV is sending out a new box. Moral: Keep an eye on the "Available Capacity" bar.

I am presently an E* subscriber but am seriously considering switching to D*. I put my E* 622 receiver in my basement, mounting it to the ceiling just under my living room, as I cannot stand the noise of a spinning hard drive when the TV is off and I'm reading. Then I use my RF remote to control it.

Will either the HR20-100 or -700 work in this kind of setup? Are the odds better with the -700 & remote antenna? The 622 has a remote antenna, which I extended with a 10' run of coax and popped the antenna up into my living room.

I'm trying to sort out the D* receiver details. I know the E* receivers like the back of my hand, having used 7 different receivers over the past 10 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts